I have just bought a new BOLD.
    When I answer the phone it is on speaker phone for about 3 seconds then it switches off. I don't want it to be on speaker phone at all.

Please help me.

Thanks ,
    Guy
    11-04-08 07:27 AM
    Shouldn't do that...I've had mine for 3mos. Now Never had that problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-08 07:30 AM
    Have you had any luck with dealing withthis problem? I have the same problem with my Pearl and its driving me mad! Please let me know if you manage to sort it out as the local Blackberry support can't seem to help me. Thanks,
    11-05-08 08:43 AM
    i have the same problem. I had it on my curve and my bold just started doing ti today. very annoying.
    11-06-08 05:16 PM
    Same thing...The first couple seconds are on speakerphone and then it switches to the handset. There's gotta be a fix. Mine is brand new and it's been this way since day one.
    11-17-08 11:12 AM
    Another thread suggested a "battery pull" - take the battery out whilst the phone is on, wait for 30 seconds and put it back in again. I did this a few days ago and so far the problem has stopped. Good luck!
    11-19-08 10:51 AM
    I have the same problem... I answer the phone and it goes on the speakerphone for 5 seconds and then comes to the headphones. Please help!
    01-27-09 12:49 PM
    Is there a solution yet, battery pull didn't work
    02-14-09 12:02 PM
    OK I'm having the opposite problem. I can't even get my speakerphone to work at all. In fact, the ringtone and sms alert don't go off even when the phone is NOT on vibrate or silent. Tried pulling the battery, upgrading OS, reverting back to the original OS, and nothing has worked.
    02-14-09 05:27 PM
    I think there is some kind of "answer option" on most phones... is there one on the BB?? I haven't actually looked, but it seems worth a look. Esp if the battery pull doesn't work.
    02-16-10 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD