I ran out of space for my music on my Bold 9700, so I got a new, larger, microsd card. What do I need to do to back up the music on my old microsd card, and how do I remove (where is it lcoated) and replace it with my new one? Then how do I put my old music files back on. Will it save my playlists also?

Thanks in advance!
    04-01-11 10:54 PM
    I recently upgraded my microsd card too. I connected my device to my PC and using Mass Storage mode copied them to my computer and then disconnected. I placed the new chip in my BlackBerry and formatted it (options/memory for OS 5). I then connected it back to my PC and used mass storage mode to copy all the files back. I don't have playlists so I can't answer that question.
    04-01-11 11:07 PM
    Thanks Alicia.....Can anyone tell me where the microsd card is located?
    04-02-11 08:47 AM
    Did your phone not come with an Instruction Guide?

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...001-5.0-US.pdf
    04-02-11 08:51 AM
    Andyahs, that was an acerbic comment. If you want to help, then do it with a helpful attitude.

From what I see, all the instructions say are to check the printed documentation that came with your device, which I do not have.

Still looking for help on where the microsd card is and how to replace.
    04-02-11 10:47 PM
    Andyahs, that was an acerbic comment. If you want to help, then do it with a helpful attitude.

From what I see, all the instructions say are to check the printed documentation that came with your device, which I do not have.

Still looking for help on where the microsd card is and how to replace.
    You need to remove the battery cover. There's a little tab above the battery at the top. Push in on the card and it should pop out. Then replace it with the new SD card.
    04-02-11 10:52 PM
    Perfect...thanks!
    04-02-11 10:56 PM
    Glad I could provide some assistance.
    04-02-11 10:58 PM
    I wanted to post back and let you know that I was able to back up the files on my old media card, format it, and then transfer the files back to my new (and larger) media card. It saved my play lists too! In fact, it even put my "wallpaper" background back in place once I copied the files back. I did have some trouble with it recognizing the media card to format it. Not sure what the problem was. It may have been that it just wasn't in far enough. I took out the battery and tried a couple of other things, but eventually it recognized the media card. Thanks again Alicia and oldtimeBBaddict!
    04-03-11 09:07 PM
    The problem with recognizing the media card usually is one of two things:
    Make sure Media card support is on.
    Make sure the card is seated correctly in the holder.
    04-03-11 10:39 PM
    I, too, changed to larger memory card in my Curve 9330 with no issues except the issue that prompted me to make the change still exists! I loaded the new card and my Curve took forever it seemed but recognized the new card and all my contacts were still in place. Not sure how that happened. I took the time to sync my bberry w/outlook prior to changing the card which I though would be necessary to re-sync when new card in place but apparently no so. Then again, maybe that's why I still have the hour glass showing up with every function. I looked to see if my card was supported and it says 'yes' and instead of zero, it now says I have 7.2. So card in place, contacts intact. Now what? I went back in and deleted a second large app and turned the phone off and on again and now awaiting result.....My wi-fi is off. Bluetooth is off. Data service is on as well as roaming. Network selection is 'automatic'. STILL THE TIME OUT HOURGLASS!!!
    Help me! I'm sinking into bberry oblivion.....
    PS: There is a gazillion service book listings - does that matter?
    02-23-13 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD