Hi Guys

I am new with BB. I want the present temp (or weather) at my place on the home screen of my bold. how can i do that. i would preferably like to do that with the built in theme, if possible.. please advice. (i have viigo for weather, but it needs to open the app to see the temp)
    07-10-09 08:10 PM
    I use WeatherBug, and if you just scroll over to the icon (which is on my homescreen) the temp comes up, plus the day's high and low. You don't have to open the app. But the temp's not always on the screen.

Might be a better program than this one for you.
    07-10-09 08:13 PM
    I use WeatherBug, and if you just scroll over to the icon (which is on my homescreen) the temp comes up, plus the day's high and low. You don't have to open the app. But the temp's not always on the screen.

Might be a better program than this one for you.
    thanks KB for the quick reply. but i would like the temp to be there all the time, like we see the clock & date.. wish there was a way..
    07-10-09 08:18 PM
    Hi,
    I use WeatherEye, the weather network app, which, if you have a theme that allows showing on the home screen, constantly displays the current temperature, and conditions.
    Its in the Free Apps thread of the bb apps forum..
    Works like a charm, and also gives you access to short/long term forecasts by clicking on the app...
    cheers
    07-10-09 08:24 PM
    BBweather has a setting for this.
    07-10-09 08:26 PM
    actually, I just checked and didn't see it there anymore?
    it is available OTA @ the following page tho..

http://weyebb.pelmorex.com/BlackBerry/

cheers
    jrv
    07-10-09 08:27 PM
    Hi,
    I use WeatherEye, the weather network app, which, if you have a theme that allows showing on the home screen, constantly displays the current temperature, and conditions.
    Its in the Free Apps thread of the bb apps forum..
    Works like a charm, and also gives you access to short/long term forecasts by clicking on the app...
    cheers
    thanks jrv.. but what theme i will need.. will the BB built-in one work?
    07-10-09 08:33 PM
    BBweather has a setting for this.
    could you please explain how to set.. and will the Bold's builtin theme work?
    07-10-09 08:37 PM
    Lots of different themes will do it - maybe someone will direct you to a specific one, though you will find a lot in the Media Corner for the Bold.

I am not a fan of themes because I have yet to find one I like that doesn't drain my battery, suck up memory, and/or make my phone lag.

Hopefully someone will have a good suggestion for you, though.
    07-10-09 08:39 PM
    07-10-09 08:42 PM
    could you please explain how to set.. and will the Bold's builtin theme work?
    Yeah, pretty much any theme will work, it's built into almost all weather apps. During setup you'll see something along the lines of Update from Home Screen. All the apps mentioned so far are good apps. Just pick one and try it. They are free,
    07-10-09 08:45 PM
    Lots of different themes will do it - maybe someone will direct you to a specific one, though you will find a lot in the Media Corner for the Bold.

I am not a fan of themes because I have yet to find one I like that doesn't drain my battery, suck up memory, and/or make my phone lag.

Hopefully someone will have a good suggestion for you, though.
    but will the Bold's built-in theme support it?
    i dont want to download a theme just to support this feature.. they are resource hog as u said..
    07-10-09 08:49 PM
    From personal experience I will say that Weathereye and BBWeather both work great with the stock AT&T themes.
    07-10-09 08:56 PM
    From personal experience I will say that Weathereye and BBWeather both work great with the stock AT&T themes.
    which one is better? and where from to get BBweather?
    07-10-09 09:00 PM
    but will the Bold's built-in theme support it?
    i dont want to download a theme just to support this feature.. they are resource hog as u said..
    Ive created a theme for the bold (and 8900) its based on the stock precision theme with a couple extra features added, its not going to drain your battery or hog resources, it has a spot added in the top right for a weather icon, you can try it out, its free anyways.

ShaoSoft - Blackberry Software - Products

Last edited by Shao128; 07-10-09 at 09:09 PM.
    07-10-09 09:07 PM
    Download weathereye (free) or bb weather ($10)

Afterwards, here is a great free theme that will allow what u want.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f130/op...s4-6-a-174448/

Move the weather icon to the very first spot (top left corner) to display on the home screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 09:09 PM
    Ive created a theme for the bold (and 8900) its based on the stock precision theme with a couple extra features added, its not going to drain your battery or hog resources, it has a spot added in the top right for a weather icon, you can try it out, its free anyways.
    thanks a lot..what weather app i will have to have along with this theme?
    07-10-09 09:25 PM
    Doesn't matter which weather app you use, in that screenshot I was using weathereye.

07-11-09 12:23 AM

This looks great, gonna give it a try. Thanks, shaosoft.
    07-11-09 08:11 AM

Hey Shao

That theme looks perfect, would it be wrong of me to request a 2nd theme like that..but also includes calendar and/or messages on the home screen (not the icon, actual calendar entries)

Thanks
    07-11-09 09:28 AM
    Hey Shao

That theme looks perfect, would it be wrong of me to request a 2nd theme like that..but also includes calendar and/or messages on the home screen (not the icon, actual calendar entries)

Thanks
    Its actually a hidden today, so when you scroll over the calendar for example it will show the entries.
    07-11-09 10:08 AM
    I like the theme a lot. The only thing I can't seem to find is the text message icon.

Its actually a hidden today, so when you scroll over the calendar for example it will show the entries.
    07-11-09 10:46 AM
    Berryweather does this:

I really like your theme. Where can I find it?
    07-11-09 11:05 AM

hey Shao,
    Superb theme! I'd like to request a version with slightly smaller hidden today fonts. If you don't take requests, no worries. Thank you for a great theme.
    Last edited by redzapper; 07-11-09 at 12:09 PM.
    07-11-09 12:05 PM
    thanks!

If you are ever going to release a static one always on screen, please let me know!
    07-11-09 12:15 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD