I hear people saying when they sync with their charging dock, or to save battery life they out their phone in bedside mode, but I don't even know what it means or how to find and use it
    02-13-09 11:53 PM
    Go to your clock icon and press the menu key and you will see "enter bedside mode" its like a standby button that displays the clock on the screen
    02-14-09 12:31 AM
    Tis a very nice feature and my ringtone is a lot nicer to wake up to rather then my staticy and garbled alarm clock.

Chris
    02-14-09 12:36 AM
    You can also press B from within the Clock to put it to Bedside Mode, which I find handier than going through the menu.
    02-14-09 12:41 AM
    Thanks for that tip Gorgeous. I was unaware if that one.

Chris
    02-14-09 12:50 AM
    Just to be clear, Bedside Mode is not a significant battery saver unless you set the option to turn the radio off when you enter it (you won't receive any calls or emails or whatever if it is off).
    02-14-09 03:27 AM
    Just to be clear, Bedside Mode is not a significant battery saver unless you set the option to turn the radio off when you enter it (you won't receive any calls or emails or whatever if it is off).
    Mine is usually in it's Power Station when it's in bedside mode, so it's not really a big deal for me, lol.
    02-14-09 03:35 AM
    I set mine to enter bedside mode when charging and stick it on charge when I go to bed. First thing I do in the morning is unplug it and get my messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 04:45 AM
    I set mine to enter bedside mode when charging and stick it on charge when I go to bed. First thing I do in the morning is unplug it and get my messages.

Ditto, isn't it great?

Chris
    02-14-09 05:00 AM
    Is there a way to still receive e-mail @ v-mail w/out notification? I still want to receive but don't want to be awakened. Jus wanna check messages in the morning.
    Will "Disable Radio" accomplish this?
    02-14-09 09:03 AM
    You can change the notification settings in the bedside mode options menu.
    02-14-09 09:08 AM
    You can change the notification settings in the bedside mode options menu.
    What setting in options? When in B/M, the only option seems to be disable radio. Would this be it?
    02-14-09 09:14 AM
    I seem to have an odd bedside mode problem with my Bold. I want it to enter bedside mode when I plug it in, but the option seems to be missing. In the clock, I hit menui, then go to options. There is to "when charging" section there. I know it was there when I first got it. Any ideas?

02-15-09 12:38 AM
    Thanks for the tips guy, I will try out the bedside mode and see how I get o with it.

02-15-09 03:00 AM
    When you put it in bedside mode, it puts the clock on the screen, is there a way to dim the brightness of the clock?
    03-05-11 09:44 AM
    Here is a post I made about Bedsie mode:
    All About My BB: Bedside mode

@allaboutmybb
    All About My BB

03-05-11 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD