So I made a wi fi profile for work and have it connected...but does the wi fi insignia on the homescreen have to be lit up to know its working...I have no idea how to tell.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 05:30 PM
    Atleast on my phone the 9550 every time I turned on wi-fi the icon appeared. Couldnt you turn of your wireless conection and try and browse and if it did you would know your wi-fi was on?
    07-08-10 05:34 PM
    If connected to a network, it will illuminate white. If wifi is on, but it's not connected to a network, the wifi icon witll be greyed out.
    07-08-10 05:41 PM
    Thanks blueis300...sometimes I'm dumb.

07-08-10 05:41 PM
    Thanks guys...and one more question that I'm sure is in many other threads but anyway..does wi fi have any effect on battery life?

07-08-10 07:00 PM
    None in my experience really, contrary to my belief.

07-08-10 07:18 PM
    Thanks guys...and one more question that I'm sure is in many other threads but anyway..does wi fi have any effect on battery life?

depends on how much you are using it. if you are burning up the BBM/email/app data usage ive found it to be harder on a battery, although ALOT faster. however, if you are in a low 3G area than its less than pulling all that data over a weak signal. the speed is the main attraction to it, and airplane usage.
    07-09-10 08:59 AM
    depends on how much you are using it. if you are burning up the BBM/email/app data usage ive found it to be harder on a battery, although ALOT faster. however, if you are in a low 3G area than its less than pulling all that data over a weak signal. the speed is the main attraction to it, and airplane usage.
    I've found quite the opposite! I use wi-fi exclusively in my home where I have a great 3G signal and I find it to be GREAT on my battery!!!! I do all my everything on wi_fi...not only is it faster, it is better on my battery. Who says it's harder on the battery? Is that some sort of hard and fast rule? I don't think you can say that as a rule to the OP.

Please explain airplane usage...
    Only 1 airline I know of allows wi_fi...what was your point here????
    07-09-10 12:11 PM
    I have to agree with JayDee. I use wifi exclusively at home and family members. My battery life is soooo much better that way.
    07-09-10 12:16 PM
    Atleast on my phone the 9550 every time I turned on wi-fi the icon appeared. Couldnt you turn of your wireless conection and try and browse and if it did you would know your wi-fi was on?
    If you're a Verizon customer, the one sure-fire way to know if your wi-fi is working is to call yourself or make a call from your phone and try to browse the web at the same time!!! If you can...VOILA...wi-fi is working!!!!

has to be for you to browse on web while you are on a voice call!
    07-09-10 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD