I have some not so appropriate pictures of my girlfriend on my phone... but i have other pictures that friends wana see. I tried putting the pics in separate folders but lotsa ppl might just hit the all pics button so the folders are rendered useless... Any tips/tricks/apps that do this??? and do i need to have the pics on the media card or the device or does it not matter??

Thanks in advance
    12-31-08 09:26 AM
    in the media manager, if you click the menu key, there is a checkbox to make the picture hidden. (nice) however, I have not yet figured out how to make it 'un-hidden'....
    12-31-08 09:32 AM
    in the media manager, if you click the menu key, there is a checkbox to make the picture hidden. (nice) however, I have not yet figured out how to make it 'un-hidden'....
    Thanks, does anyone know how to 'un-hide' it??? Or another method in general that works?
    12-31-08 09:52 AM
    Have you thought about another media card? Pretty sure I wouldn't leave them on the phone. Anything at all happens to them, they'll be all over the internet within about 30 seconds.
    12-31-08 09:54 AM
    Show us the pictures and maybe we can help....

tee-hee-hee

But seriously... I would also like to know
    12-31-08 10:00 AM
    Search the forums for a link to the 'fillock' app. This is what u need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 10:03 AM
    yeah i use filelock. works great hiding my pics and videos. I know it's on the GETJAR website.
    12-31-08 10:09 AM
    Filelock will do what you want, but you also have the options of:

A) Don't store "inappropriate" pictures on your phone, or B) Don't let others handle your phone.

My friends are respectful enough that if I hand them the phone to show them a picture, they're not going to go digging around in my files.

12-31-08 10:16 AM
    Seconded for file lock, works great and best of all its free!!!!!!!

12-31-08 10:17 AM
    yeah!!! me too how the heck do you "un-Hide" the pictures??
    12-31-08 11:16 AM
    To find a hidden picture.

1) Go to Media Manager.

2) Menu

3) Explore

4) Choose where your pics are - Media Card or Device Memory

5) BlackBerry

6) Pictures

7) Menu

8) Show Hidden

Hope this helps.
    12-31-08 11:24 AM
    Send me the pictures and I will tell you if the are "inappropriate" pictures, I will be the judge of that!
    12-31-08 11:40 AM
    I have the same EXACT problem on my new blackberry. My gf suddenly got into the "take inappropriate pictures and tease bf" mood for some reason, and when I would hide them I could never, for the life of me, figure out how to find them again. It was basically like I deleted them.

Thanks a ton for this thread, and, thank you in particular, vndlewis.
    01-01-09 11:30 PM
    You are quite welcome!

01-01-09 11:32 PM

1) Go to Media Manager.

2) Menu

3) Explore

5) BlackBerry

6) Pictures

7) Menu

8) Show Hidden

Hope this helps.
    Also, after hidden files r shown...hit the bb button and go to properties to uncheck the hidden button. Then they r completely unhidden and can be seen in media mgr.

01-02-09 01:19 AM

1) Go to Media Manager.

2) Menu

3) Explore

5) BlackBerry

6) Pictures

7) Menu

8) Show Hidden

Hope this helps.
    great thanks
    couldnt get that figured out for the life of me
    01-02-09 01:20 AM
    My bb wont even let me hide a picture. I click hide picture and it takes it me back to my desktop on my bb.... I go back into pictures and I see it what am I doing wrong?
    03-16-09 08:09 AM
    I have the same EXACT problem on my new blackberry. My gf suddenly got into the "take inappropriate pictures and tease bf" mood for some reason, and when I would hide them I could never, for the life of me, figure out how to find them again. It was basically like I deleted them.

Thanks a ton for this thread, and, thank you in particular, vndlewis.
    Gosh i feel for you guys who have these problems . . . NOT.
    03-16-09 08:52 AM
    I have some not so appropriate pictures of my girlfriend on my phone... but i have other pictures that friends wana see. I tried putting the pics in separate folders but lotsa ppl might just hit the all pics button so the folders are rendered useless... Any tips/tricks/apps that do this??? and do i need to have the pics on the media card or the device or does it not matter??

Thanks in advance
    You need to make sure they are able to be hidden first. Its fairly complicated, and you may just be better off sending them to me.. Ill verify them for you and let you know.

03-16-09 10:34 AM
    My bb wont even let me hide a picture. I click hide picture and it takes it me back to my desktop on my bb.... I go back into pictures and I see it what am I doing wrong?
    When you have a pic highlighted hit the menu key and go to "properties." From there you'll have the option to mark it as hidden. Once you open up your media menu hit menu again, then "explore." Go to the folder where the hidden pics are at. Then hit menu again and select "show hidden." They'll appear.

I have lots of pics that I don't want anyone to see either. I put them in a folder that I mark "preloaded images" and I just have all the pics hidden.

If you don't want to go through each and every pic to hide, connect your memory card to your comp via an adapter. Just explore the card through "my computer." You can create a folder where you want those pics to go. Move all them pics there. And if you "select all" the pics, you can hide all of them in mass.
    03-16-09 12:18 PM
    I'm not sure about all of you, but the 'Hidden' option, under properties, doesn't work for me like my curve with 4.5.

I did find that, in the media options, there's a button for 'Exclude Folders' which will keep picture folders hidden from regular browsing, but still get access through the 'Explore' function.
    03-16-09 12:38 PM
    Also, after hidden files r shown...hit the bb button and go to properties to uncheck the hidden button. Then they r completely unhidden and can be seen in media mgr.

Heres the deal you also have to go to the images that look "dull" so then you can go to properties and uncheck the hidden button & view them...
    03-18-09 10:15 PM
    When you have a pic highlighted hit the menu key and go to "properties." From there you'll have the option to mark it as hidden. Once you open up your media menu hit menu again, then "explore." Go to the folder where the hidden pics are at. Then hit menu again and select "show hidden." They'll appear.

I have lots of pics that I don't want anyone to see either. I put them in a folder that I mark "preloaded images" and I just have all the pics hidden.

If you don't want to go through each and every pic to hide, connect your memory card to your comp via an adapter. Just explore the card through "my computer." You can create a folder where you want those pics to go. Move all them pics there. And if you "select all" the pics, you can hide all of them in mass.
    Yeah I figured it out last night, what sucks is that why in the **** do you have a icon/button that says "hide" (with-out going to properties??) that does not work on the Curve? Have you noticed this?
    03-18-09 10:17 PM
    ha ha, its good to see people with "inapropriate" picks. I hid 30 or 40 of them and have been unable ot view for months. So now A, i can see them and B, my missis can see them.

oh and C, im about to have some awsome sex in 10mins or so

Thankyou x 1million for the unhide picks options

:
    03-23-09 09:37 AM
    Thanks a million for the info doubt I could get some of the pics I hid ever again
    04-05-09 09:13 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD