I have a BOLd that is a phone only. (no BB web or email push(yet)), I want to download emails from outlook and review respond on the bb and have them send when I re-connect to the main computer. This is how I used my Treo 750. I did noit have email push only downloaded or uploaded when I was connecte3d.

My email set up on the bold only ooffers me the enterprise email option, not personnal email?

How do I work around this?
    12-17-08 09:04 PM
    Install the desktop manager and sync your bold with it. Though, personally if I was going to use the phone that way, I wouldn't have bought the bold. I'd have picked up a cheap nokia and a handheld computer...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 09:08 PM
    Seems a lot of people here recently want to have their cake and eat it too LOL
    12-17-08 09:09 PM
    Install the desktop manager and sync your bold with it. Though, personally if I was going to use the phone that way, I wouldn't have bought the bold. I'd have picked up a cheap nokia and a handheld computer...

I thought you can only sync outlook address and calenders via DM?
    12-17-08 09:10 PM
    Seems a lot of people here recently want to have their cake and eat it too LOL
    No kidding.
    12-17-08 09:11 PM
    I think you can sync messages... But then I have a dataplan and a BES account on my mail server...

12-17-08 09:12 PM
    You can't synch messages. Why buy a $400 and not pay $30 a month for a plan. I don't understand people.
    12-17-08 09:41 PM
    Windows mobile platform on some devices works that way but not BB. Defeats the whole beauty of the BB "push".
    12-17-08 09:45 PM
    I have a BOLd that is a phone only. (no BB web or email push(yet)), I want to download emails from outlook and review respond on the bb and have them send when I re-connect to the main computer. This is how I used my Treo 750. I did noit have email push only downloaded or uploaded when I was connecte3d.

My email set up on the bold only ooffers me the enterprise email option, not personnal email?

How do I work around this?
    I have an idea! Why just not respond to your emails on your pc?
    12-17-08 09:55 PM
    OK - I got a lot of "Why did I" stuff and negative responces, I need help not critisium. The account is a company phone. We have BB Push But currently my management will not authoirize it For our department, In orther words I can not change the account (or I would). Like I said before I used this account (Phone number) with my Treo and worked fine. I am only at my desk for 3-6 hours each day (I work 12 to 14) and being able to read and respond while on the go was (and hopefully with the BB) will be a timesaver. Is there a software app I can buy? Or should I just sell one of you guys the BOLD (for the 299 -100 rebate that I paid) and use the TREO (Not an option....!!) I want help, not guys who tell me I'm an ***** for buying a BB.
    12-21-08 11:17 AM
    OK - I got a lot of "Why did I" stuff and negative responces, I need help not critisium. The account is a company phone. We have BB Push But currently my management will not authoirize it For our department, In orther words I can not change the account (or I would). Like I said before I used this account (Phone number) with my Treo and worked fine. I am only at my desk for 3-6 hours each day (I work 12 to 14) and being able to read and respond while on the go was (and hopefully with the BB) will be a timesaver. Is there a software app I can buy? Or should I just sell one of you guys the BOLD (for the 299 -100 rebate that I paid) and use the TREO (Not an option....!!) I want help, not guys who tell me I'm an ***** for buying a BB.
    So, the account is a company phone, but you paid for it, and they won't give you access to the mail server.... Sounds like you should have bought a $25 flip phone...

I think you wasted your money buying a phone w/ capabilities you're not allowed to use. Nice company you work for.... They make you buy your own $300 phone, but won't let you use it? Sheeesh!!!

Oh... and that's not how you spell "critisium"...
    12-21-08 11:53 AM
    Seriously, leave your Oulook running.
    Create a forwarding to rule to send it to a Yahoo or Gmail account, and set up your BB to point at that account.

Problem solved. You're welcome.
    12-21-08 11:58 AM
    Perhaps you need to pay attention to the above posts which say that its not possible to do what you want.

Honestly id sell the phone and buy something that will do what you want it to ie outlook email...best bet is Windows mobile device.
    12-21-08 12:00 PM
    You can't synch messages. Why buy a $400 and not pay $30 a month for a plan. I don't understand people.
    That angers me when I talk to people. I just use my BB as a phone.

then why get a BB? Just so they can say I have at a BB? silly people.
    12-22-08 01:11 AM
    If you company uses POP (Which they probably don't), I would suggest paying the 30 bucks and then expense it to them, until they get the point and use BIS to send your mail to your phone.
    12-22-08 07:37 AM
    So the BB woun't work that way Thanks....

Yes I bought a BB and the best on the market, yes I paid $400 for i and yes the Company does provide crappie Flip Phones (that I wouldn�t use if my life depended on it.) I like the Treo but wanted the advanced features of the BB. An yes at some point I will have convinced the company to provide the department with Blackberries. They currently issue 8310's. OK but as you know no 3G.

If this Just isn�t practical to work so be it, I do like the BB it has the best sound of any phone I have used (I can actually hear my callers) and the Internet connection works well, I also like the Wi-Fi. I just don't have the Email Push.

Now so you have something else to rattle about, when I do travel I get to "Check out" an 8310 which I can have for 15 days.

Back to carrying two phones Oh company policy is you�re not supposed to use the Phone feature on the 8310......

Yes National security issues and stuff.

Thanks for the suggestion to forward to my Hotmail or Earthlink account. The problem there ids if IT found out I would also get chastised because that too is not allowed. (Forwarding e-mail).

Seams the RIM server meets Security protocols and is allowed.
    01-20-09 06:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD