1. rick458's Avatar
    When I try to set up my email I get prompted to use corporate email which I do NOT want to do
    how can I set Gmail to work without going the media net (and having to use that tiny box)?
    06-21-09 05:26 AM
  2. silence69's Avatar
    Did this happen after upgrading the OS or has this always been the case?

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 05:51 AM
  3. rick458's Avatar
    always the case I am still running .147
    06-21-09 06:27 AM
  4. MobileMadness002's Avatar
    Well if you have a blackberry data plan login into your BIS and add the email account there, otherwise you continue to use media net and the tiny window.
    06-21-09 06:30 AM
  5. rick458's Avatar
    I have unlimited everything through AT&T where do I get to my BIS?
    06-21-09 06:32 AM
  6. silence69's Avatar
    always the case I am still running .147
    That's strange. Do the following:
    1. Battery pull for 30min
    2. Resend service books
    3. Call your service provider if the above hasn't worked and they will sort it out for you

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 06:32 AM
  7. rick458's Avatar
    OK I know how to pull the Batt, how do I resend the service books
    I have only had THIS blackberry and It for only 3 weeks, I never could get it to talk with my wireless N router, or do the Gmail but did get App world downloaded and pulled some apps Slacker Pandora Iheart AP news then App world quit being available and told me I needed a data plan (while I was listening to Slacker radio)
    Honestly I don't even know what I don't know about this thing 95 % of what I try to set up and run goes silky smooth the other 5% just does not go
    06-21-09 06:51 AM
  8. rick458's Avatar
    Correction I am running v4.6.0.167 (not .147)
    06-21-09 07:01 AM
  9. Spawn12's Avatar
    Ring up your network and get them to add a BIS plan to your tariff...without that you wont be able to set up emails etc.
    06-21-09 07:13 AM
  10. rick458's Avatar
    I do have the Medianet portal and can access websites but some BB etc are not as they appear on the computer the same with Gmail
    06-21-09 07:48 AM
  11. MobileMadness002's Avatar
    Does not matter about Media Net, you need to have a BB data feature to use the devices capabilities of push email. Without the BB feature you are destined to use the gmail app and the small window.
    06-21-09 07:50 AM
  12. rick458's Avatar
    Thanks Berrynice1 that worked like a charm
    06-22-09 02:02 AM
  13. rick458's Avatar
    I tell you what these really do set up easy if you can figure out where to start
    06-22-09 02:19 AM
  14. rick458's Avatar
    Guys and Gals thanks so much
    I now have the Gmail engine working, My GPS knows where I am, I can actually read my browser now, I got app world back from the dead, and Trapster online.
    Now I just need to do a little tweaking to my calender and I will be cooking with gas Thanks again for the help this site rocks
    and the Bold kicks bottom
    06-22-09 07:06 AM
  15. bt224's Avatar
    Guys and Gals thanks so much
    I now have the Gmail engine working, My GPS knows where I am, I can actually read my browser now, I got app world back from the dead, and Trapster online.
    Now I just need to do a little tweaking to my calender and I will be cooking with gas Thanks again for the help this site rocks
    and the Bold kicks bottom
    Google Sync is great with calendars and contacts.
    06-22-09 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD