Hi, I ordered a housing kit on ebay which includes the buttons and middle section that says bold...now I was looking around the net and this web site and I cannot find anything about how to change the middle section that I am referring to. Does anyone here have any insight or experience they would like to share? if so please do so...
    Are there any resources I am missing out on? I have seen the disassembly video on youtube but it does not really show how I can change the middle piece...

Please advise me, and thanks in advance.
    06-21-10 07:23 AM
    You need to dissasemble the camera and some other electronic parts... It's the hardest part to do. I decided to keep mine black for a killer style with my chrome housing and black/chrome battery door...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 03:28 PM
    blackberry Bold 9700 disassembly tutorial | Blackberry and accessories

That site includes a video on how to disassemble entire bold, i would watch it then just go to the part that you are having trouble with. Also, make sure to be careful when taking apart entire Blackberry, and don't lose any parts!

Have Fun!
    06-21-10 04:08 PM
    It's very difficult to do. You need to move all the contacts, camera flash etc.

I decided to leave mine out for a killer white and black look.
    It's not impossible. Just VERY time consuming and VERY risky.
    06-21-10 04:13 PM
    blackberry Bold 9700 disassembly tutorial | Blackberry and accessories

That site includes a video on how to disassemble entire bold, i would watch it then just go to the part that you are having trouble with. Also, make sure to be careful when taking apart entire Blackberry, and don't lose any parts!

Have Fun!
    sorry, but that video does not show how to remove the parts connected to the piece I am referring to..? I wish there was some resource for this particular part because I really would like to change it, I believe it would make the phone look complete.

I can see where it would still be nice on a white or chrome housing but this is an all pink housing for my girlfriend so I think if it was all pink it would be complete and look better.

I just need something to reference to.
    06-21-10 04:19 PM
    You won't find anything online bro. Sorry.

I've done it with a pink for someone though.

06-21-10 08:19 PM
    You won't find anything online bro. Sorry.

I've done it with a pink for someone though.

you think you can give me any kind of instructions or reference on what and how to do it? Thanks!
    06-22-10 10:40 PM
    The risk is not worth it. And I won't recommend it. Another girl is actually trying to force me to do it all pink. She says she will even pay me extra.

It's not worth the headache bro and I honestly don't think the black strip will look that bad.

06-23-10 06:14 AM
    although while I appreciate your input, that is not what I was asking for actually... I would like to hear some insight or reference/ instructions of some sort of how you did it or how I can go about doing it? I do not mind a challenge and at least it would be nice to see or read about the procedure.
    06-26-10 11:20 PM
    Its not hard to do (I'm a BB tech) but time consuming. When you start to take the phone apart be very careful on the left side you don't wanna damage the antenna ribbon. Just transfer all the parts from the original midplate to the new one. The metal plate is the hardest part as its very well put on after that the camera flash speaker etc.

06-27-10 12:53 AM
    did you ever figure out how to change it? because right now im currently going through the same troubles i ordered a housing and i want to change the part with it says bold on it
    07-12-11 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD