1. deletedaccountkimbercutes824's Avatar
    I want to do a full wipe and re-install .681 that I have on it now. So I want to go back to factory settings with the original OS and then do a fresh upgrade.

I have searched and I cannot find anything with EASY step by step instructions.
    05-29-10 05:16 AM
    Do you have JL_CMDER installed on your PC?
    05-29-10 05:35 AM
    I use bbsak, there are A LOT of useful videos on youtube that can help you with this.

Good luck!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-10 06:59 AM
  4. deletedaccountkimbercutes824's Avatar
    I had the JL_Cmder loaded on my PC but I dont think I do anymore. I did check out BBSAK and it looks a lot easier to use.

So I would choose to have it go back to factory state correct?
    05-29-10 10:51 AM
    If you use bbsak and do a wipe it deletes everything off your bb, so its completely blank. Then if you reinstall .681 it will be a brand new fresh install with no other files lingering.

So wipe your device with bbsak and install 681.

Also I heard 681 didn't have the very best battery life and that willyboy fixed that in a hybrid so you may want to check into that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-10 12:33 PM
    dude straight .681 blows, it hourglassed on me all the time, I wiped and reloaded with one of WB's hybrids and it works much smoother and runs way better. I have 10 apps installed and have about 40mb of memory all the time but I do use Meterberry to track this.
    05-29-10 02:34 PM
    First off, it is not necessary to do a seperate wipe before an OS install. Weather you use DM or the LOADER.EXE they will do a wipe before installing any OS. Secondly, hybrids are a waste of time. They are no better than the official versions. They are just a placebo, and yes, I have tried Willyboys projects.
    05-30-10 10:55 PM
    First off, it is not necessary to do a seperate wipe before an OS install. Weather you use DM or the LOADER.EXE they will do a wipe before installing any OS. Secondly, hybrids are a waste of time. They are no better than the official versions. They are just a placebo, and yes, I have tried Willyboys projects.
    +1 re: hybrids.

I use CrackMem and delete all the unnecessary stuff that I never use when I install a new OS.

.681 after CrackMem is stable, does not leak memory, and has never randomly rebooted for me.
    05-30-10 11:05 PM
    +1 re: hybrids.

I use CrackMem and delete all the unnecessary stuff that I never use when I install a new OS.

.681 after CrackMem is stable, does not leak memory, and has never randomly rebooted for me.

Yes, the CrackMem deletions on the OS are the only thing I do too, then load the OS using loader.exe

DITTO.....................
    05-30-10 11:23 PM
    Yes, the CrackMem deletions on the OS are the only thing I do too, then load the OS using loader.exe
    I do use BBSAK to back up my 3rd party apps before installing a new OS.

I have wiped my device to error 507 using BBSAK sometimes, but it is not necessary.
    05-30-10 11:24 PM
    I do use BBSAK to back up my 3rd party apps before installing a new OS.

I have wiped my device to error 507 using BBSAK sometimes, but it is not necessary.
    Yes a seperate, "just in case" backup is recommended, but when I use loader.exe the default is checked to restore all my prior options, settings and apps so I dont really bother.
    05-30-10 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD