How do people handle browsing experience without proper column view.

I checked out the browser and could not easily read the articles without pinching and zooming and doing a lot of work. Any suggestions? The mobile view is so tiny, I can't even read the txt. How are 9900/9930 owners handling the situation?

Are there phones (even non blackberry) that give that good in the department. I personally don't care about a big screen as long as I can browse content quicky with word wrapping etc like provided by os 5

Appreciate any help and input!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 11:31 AM
    I use Opera Mini 6 because the native browser doesn't seem to word wrap properly. Give it a shot.

m.opera.com
    08-27-11 11:34 AM
    You have to double tap the screen to word wrap text in the browser...

08-27-11 12:04 PM
    The browser does reflow, just double tap the text.
    tacocaliente and sid_prasher like this.
    08-27-11 12:24 PM
    Opera mini
    08-27-11 12:26 PM
    @symphara and @calicocat2010: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! To quote Apple, this changes everything.
    08-27-11 03:10 PM
    Just double tap as was mentioned, it's pretty smart on which area of the page to zoom in on. Works great on my 9900.
    08-27-11 03:51 PM
    This had bothered me too! Found out about the double tap earlier this week too!
    08-27-11 04:11 PM
    bigbamboo, jaanu2k and Spawn12 like this.
    08-27-11 04:19 PM
    Don't know why there isn't a menu selection. Would at least tell people that the double tap is available. I didn't know and am using Opera mini for some web sites.

So, @azn, what's rule #1 ?
    08-27-11 04:40 PM
    When I double tap the page it simply reverts the page to the original size. It does not reflow any text. What am I doing wrong?
    08-28-11 08:12 AM
    Also, I set the font size at 9 but google automatically defaults to a much larger text. Is there a way to reduce the size of the text?
    08-28-11 08:13 AM
    So, @azn, what's rule #1 ?
    Cardio.

10 char
    morrsn likes this.
    08-28-11 09:19 AM
    You can also just press the trackpad, position the cursor click when you see the + sign in the cursor

08-28-11 10:05 AM
    You can also increase the font I did to 40 and double tap and all readable

AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    08-28-11 10:09 AM
    I reset my font to 25 and it wraps perfectly
    08-28-11 10:22 AM
    You can also increase the font I did to 40 and double tap and all readable

Yep I did the same. I did default font size as 30, when I double tap everything is very easy to read.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    08-28-11 10:51 AM
    None of these actually "reflow" the text such that they enlarge AND fit within the screen vertically. If I'm correct, the OP wants to be able to make the webpage larger, but fit within the screen vertically like how the old BB browser had a column view. Now it seems like you have to scroll left and right to read a long line, which is annoying as all he.ll because you have to scroll BACK to the left to read the beginning of the next line.
    08-29-11 11:06 PM
    All these tips work if you are not on a webpage that is designed for mobile phones. Opera Mini is a little clunky but I never have to worry about word wrap.
    09-03-11 12:32 PM
    None of these actually "reflow" the text such that they enlarge AND fit within the screen vertically. If I'm correct, the OP wants to be able to make the webpage larger, but fit within the screen vertically like how the old BB browser had a column view. Now it seems like you have to scroll left and right to read a long line, which is annoying as all he.ll because you have to scroll BACK to the left to read the beginning of the next line.
    This is incorrect -- the Bold 99xx DOES reflow (wrap) the text and you do not have to scroll side to side

09-04-11 07:38 PM
    All these tips work if you are not on a webpage that is designed for mobile phones. Opera Mini is a little clunky but I never have to worry about word wrap.
    This is also incorrect. I am on wap.crackberry.com and it is wrapping the text perfectly.

pblakk likes this.
    09-04-11 07:40 PM
    When I double tap the page it simply reverts the page to the original size. It does not reflow any text. What am I doing wrong?
    Pinch out and zoom into the area of text you want, and then double tap this same area, and it will re-flow that paragraph or section of text you want to read. Works pretty well
    09-04-11 08:52 PM
    Yep I did the same. I did default font size as 30, when I double tap everything is very easy to read.
    Thanks that worked great now i can read without squinting
    09-04-11 09:27 PM
    This is one of the features I'm so excited about!

09-04-11 10:28 PM
    I have to increase the font to 24, just to make facebook legible without having to zoom. But then I get VERY large fonts when I go to hotmail or yahoo mail boxes after the font increase, kinda annoying.

And not every site "wraps" the content within the browser, some sites do (probably mobile enabled sites) and some require side to side scrolling. At least in my experiences.
    09-09-11 07:23 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD