I have seen a lot of posts on the subject of turning off media card encryption, but yet one specific to the Bold 9650. To recap, all encryption fields are locked / grayed out, so they cannot be revised. The phone saves all pictures as *rem, so they can neither be accessed through the Desktop Manager or opened directly with Windows Explorers.

I have tried several of the paths offered in other posts, but they tend to be unique to other models (ie, the options folders listed do not show in the 9650 menu) and not directly applicable to my BB.

Any and all suggestions on either how to disable the media card encryption or get around the .rem files will be greatly appreaciated. Thanks!
    03-29-11 11:29 AM
    On my Bold 9650 I went to Options > Security > Encryption and scrolled down to Media Card and checked/unchecked the box.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    03-29-11 11:35 AM
    Exactly and easy to do. Options are there and available.
    03-29-11 11:45 AM
    Understood, but that is part of the problem. All the fields within options->security options->encryption are grayed out / locked and cannot be changed, including the media card field.
    03-29-11 12:40 PM
    Is it a company owned device with an IT policy? You asked for the path to Media Card Encryption, and I posted it. Something is preventing you from changing those settings.
    03-29-11 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD