06-07-10 07:55 AM
161 ... 23456 ...
tools
    make sure you've got all the correct info in the generator. I can never get the 30days to work for me. I have to use the 2 weeks option but really its no big deal. Make sure you using the ALT key for the numbers. those are my suggestions. I normally have to do it a few times before i get it right.
    05-19-09 03:02 PM
    Got to the escreen but I can not get the option to be enabled in Mobile network. I have changed the settings in the escreen to manual selection and kept 2g and 3g enabled. I still have no option in mobile network to select 2g or 3g
    05-21-09 03:14 PM
    Got to the escreen but I can not get the option to be enabled in Mobile network. I have changed the settings in the escreen to manual selection and kept 2g and 3g enabled. I still have no option in mobile network to select 2g or 3g
    its not going to say 2G or 3G. its going to say GERAN and UTRAN.
    05-21-09 04:15 PM
    I know, I see that there. Isn't there a way to enable a setting in here which would enable the setting in the mobile network menu for 2G, 3G, 2G & 3G

Otherwise wouldn't one have to enter the E menu each time to force the connection?
    05-21-09 04:22 PM
    I know, I see that there. Isn't there a way to enable a setting in here which would enable the setting in the mobile network menu for 2G, 3G, 2G & 3G

Otherwise wouldn't one have to enter the E menu each time to force the connection?
    yes but that requires unbranding for it to appear in the mobile network menu. if its not unbranded, you need to do it through the e-screen.
    05-21-09 04:41 PM
    Actually, Alt+Shift+H doesn't take long to press, and it's only two scroll-clicks to the menu for changing the setting. Only one more click than pressing O and the going to the Mobile Network menu. It's not really that hard.
    05-22-09 05:03 AM
    ^agreed DB, after a reset or battery pull, it takes me less than 1 minute to set my Bold back to EDGE.

It's been 1 week and I've had
    -ZERO calls failed (normal is at least 5 per day on 3G)
    -At the end of my day of heavy use (actually heavier than normal this week) I have 50% battery life left. (3G I had 5% battery life left at the end of a heavy day)

The only downside is slightly slower browser speeds on EDGE.
    Thanks again
    05-22-09 06:03 AM
    Awesome! Glad to hear it's helping you out, Teek. Thanks for the feedback.
    05-22-09 06:07 AM
    I cannot seem to be able to access the Escreens after I type the code.... What am I doing wrong?
    05-22-09 07:37 AM
    you sure all your parameters are correct?
    05-22-09 07:44 AM
    double check to make sure your device is unlocked. otherwise you won't have access.
    05-22-09 07:51 AM
    It is unlocked... At least from what it says... (Disabled under Network). I have tried this a bunch of times and I get nowhere... WTF!
    05-22-09 07:57 AM
    What are you typing in for OS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 02:13 PM
    awesomeo!!
    05-22-09 04:12 PM
    double check to make sure your device is unlocked. otherwise you won't have access.
    you dont have to be unlocked to access the e screen when you use the generator.
    05-22-09 05:54 PM
    you dont have to be unlocked to access the e screen when you use the generator.
    You sure? Thyth and Croe certainly seemed to be under the impression that it was requisite to unlock first. I never tested before I unlocked, so I guess I don't know for sure. Anyone care to test before unlocking?

05-22-09 06:55 PM
    I am under no such impression. The engineering screen unlock on the device is a function of the data that my generator takes. There is no other influence.

If device security is disabled (devices branded to vendor ID 1), then it doesn't require a code, but MEP status isn't checked by the device side escreen application.

If there was such a consideration, I would have indicated it on the generator page.

Oh yeah, and... my device isn't unlocked.
    05-22-09 07:05 PM
    You sure? Thyth and Croe certainly seemed to be under the impression that it was requisite to unlock first. I never tested before I unlocked, so I guess I don't know for sure. Anyone care to test before unlocking?

my coworkers Bold is locked and branded. i used to the generator on his phone and it worked.
    05-22-09 07:09 PM
    the generator is used to gain access to the e screen without unlocking and unbranding. the only prerequisite for the operation is that you have the phone in your hand.
    05-22-09 07:11 PM
    I stand corrected! Thyth I really thought I read on PinStack or wherever I initially encountered your page that you said users had to unlock their phones before they'd be able to access the escreens... so I guess I better get rid of step 1 tonight, eh? I knew you didn't have to debrand (what would be the point of this thread if you did?) but I had no idea I had a guide up for this long with completely incorrect info. I humbly apologize and will rectify this evening.

Last edited by digitalb0y; 05-22-09 at 07:14 PM.
    05-22-09 07:11 PM
    yuppers. i thought you guys knew that lol. which makes it even easier for people who dont wanna unlock and unbrand but still want e screen access.
    05-22-09 07:22 PM
    Thanks. well at least I'm unlocked now anyway, I don't think there's any harm in that.
    I wish I knew all of this back in November.
    05-22-09 07:27 PM
    I ran 2G all day today and noticed a significant difference in battery life.
    05-22-09 07:50 PM
    Yup I haven't been on 3g in a long time. Welcome to saving battery life

05-22-09 08:51 PM
    Just got mine down to 2g and it worked like a charm the first time I tried! Thanks man! Can't wait to have more than half of my battery after 2 phone calls!
    05-23-09 03:46 PM
161 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD