Can someone please clarify how OS 4.6.282 became an "official" carrier OS when it clearly has a problem with the slow loading of pictures in the media section? Even outside of the pic issues there are other problems that a majority of users are experiencing as well.

I thought in order for an OS to become official it had to be fully stable all together. If I'm wrong for saying this please let me know. I'm not against learning something new.

All insight into this is welcome.....Thanks.
    06-25-09 12:54 PM
    I think it's official for Italy's carrier... not sure.
    06-25-09 12:56 PM
    I don't recall ANY OS being 100% bug free. There are just some bugs that we choose to deal with/ignore.
    For instance, the slow pic loading on 282 I could live with, no big deal.
    But the poor batt life was the dealbreaker.
    06-25-09 01:03 PM
    OS doesn't necessarily become 'official' for every carrier, each carrier makes there own decision to adopt or not. Once available from one carrier it can be used by anyone, even if most carriers don't approve it and whether or not it has 'bugs'.
    06-25-09 01:07 PM
    It's official to a carrier in Hong Kong is what I remember seeing. And it is made official the way rjbsec said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 01:09 PM
    It became an Official release for East Asian carriers I believe, not neccessarily for every single carrier.

06-25-09 01:10 PM
    Thanks for the info. I now have a better understanding of how OS/carrier process works.
    06-25-09 01:11 PM
    It's official because it was optimized for that carrier's system. These upgrades are not always upgrades, they are sometimes just different.
    06-25-09 01:20 PM
    To the OP,
    So are you trying to say that the OS that came with ATT (.167), is perfect and has no bugs and is Att's "official" OS? I think not.

06-25-09 04:09 PM
    I had no issues with 167 as far as bugs. It was a little slow, but everything worked as advertised.
    06-25-09 04:11 PM
    Well with every OS people liked them and others disliked them. So its a coin toss with every OS.

06-25-09 04:22 PM
    Well with every OS people liked them and others disliked them. So its a coin toss with every OS.

Yep, agreed.
    06-25-09 04:24 PM
    Thats true.
    Not everyone has the pic thumbnail issue.
    06-25-09 04:24 PM
    I'm still on the OS that came with my bold(.167) and haven't had any issues(but thinking of following the guide to install .282). I'm happy with how mine is working right now and really not thinking of upgrading until I'm good and ready to do so.
    06-25-09 04:50 PM
    I'm still on the OS that came with my bold(.167) and haven't had any issues(but thinking of following the guide to install .282). I'm happy with how mine is working right now and really not thinking of upgrading until I'm good and ready to do so.
    If you are not having any problems, just stick with what you have already and avoid all the trouble of upgrading, especially if you have not done it before. I would wait until an official OS 5.0 to be released before doing any upgrades if you are happy with your Bold now.
    06-25-09 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD