I知 about to sell my 9650 & before I sell it. I don't want to sell the phone. Then as soon as the new owner hits the talk button my number is displayed. I wouldn't care if I no longer used this number, but I do.

I searched the forums & couldn't find an answer that worked on my 9650.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    08-25-11 02:52 AM
    I知 about to sell my 9650 & before I sell it. I don't want to sell the phone. Then as soon as the new owner hits the talk button my number is displayed. I wouldn't care if I no longer used this number, but I do.

I'm not sure if a security wipe would delete your number.
    It might have to be done through BIS. Why don't you call your carrier and ask?
    08-25-11 08:21 AM
    A security wipe won't remove it.

Press green Send button
    ##000000
    Press green Send button again
    overwrite your number
    Menu > Save
    Reboot

edit: looks like ##000000 will only work on VZW phones, you may have to call Sprint for the code to unlock this screen.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 08-25-11 at 08:49 AM.
    profspeedo and XP1 like this.
    08-25-11 08:32 AM

I had a 8330 I let a friend use and came across the same problem, if you enter the wrong password at least 10 times it reset the phone to original settings. Also look in 'Help' (about the devise password).
    08-25-11 08:49 AM
    that's device password
    08-25-11 08:49 AM

look in 'security', security basics, then about the device basics.
    08-25-11 08:52 AM
    Cut out the sniping at each other you two!

Anyways I AM a mod and would be happy to help feel free to PM me or to drop me an email. Address in signature.
    08-25-11 12:16 PM
    I was never given the proper way to use a CB forum, not trying to upset some people. Sometimes I need help and try to help. That's all. Just would like some proper guidance.
    08-25-11 12:18 PM
    Cut out the sniping at each other you two!

Anyways I AM a mod and would be happy to help feel free to PM me or to drop me an email. Address in signature.
    Thank you very much. I will look into this. Thanks a million!
    08-25-11 12:20 PM
    I was never given the proper way to use a CB forum, not trying to upset some people. Sometimes I need help and try to help. That's all. Just would like some proper guidance.
    Which is fine; I gave you the link to the posting guide. The topic of this thread is changing the phone number in the progamming/service screen.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 08-25-11 at 12:41 PM.
    world saviour likes this.
    08-25-11 12:23 PM
    Thank you very much. I will look into this. Thanks a million!
    You are doing just fine. CB is a fairly laid back casual forum style wise. We DO have rules be we try to be cool about it. Here is a link to the forum with the rules threads.

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-rules-policies-f39/

However i do welcome an email or PM from you as i am more than willing to provide some private coaching. You are doing ok, this little tiff with gizmo not withstanding!

Which is fine; I gave you the ink to the posting guide. The topic of this thread is changing the phone number in the progamming/service screen.
    That post no longer exists.
    08-25-11 12:33 PM
    A security wipe won't remove it.

Press green Send button
    ##000000
    Press green Send button again
    overwrite your number
    Menu > Save
    Reboot

edit: looks like ##000000 will only work on VZW phones, you may have to call Sprint for the code to unlock this screen.
    I tried that an it said invalid password
    08-26-11 10:19 PM
    I'm not sure if a security wipe would delete your number.
    It might have to be done through BIS. Why don't you call your carrier and ask?
    Yeah that's what I think I'm going to have to do. I was just hoping I could find out how to do it w/out contacting sprint.
    08-26-11 10:21 PM
    I tried that an it said invalid password
    Right, I said that 000000 is only for VZW, I scoured the net looking for the Sprint code and didn't find it. A secuirty wipe will not remove network programming; it removes data, apps and can format the SD card. It does not unprogram the device.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 08-27-11 at 08:47 AM.
    08-27-11 08:45 AM
    Right, I said that 000000 is only for VZW, I scoured the net looking for the Sprint code and didn't find it. A secuirty wipe will not remove network programming; it removes data, apps and can format the SD card. It does not unprogram the device.
    Thanks for looking! I finally just went to the sprint store yesterday & they did it for me.
    09-04-11 05:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD