Blackberry Bold n00bie question...

How do I customize the icons displayed on my home screen. It currenly shows Messages, my 3 email accounts, Contacts and Calendar. I want to remove two of my email accounts and get SMS and Browser icons up there.

Any help or pointers will be appreciated...
    06-22-09 06:08 AM
    The icons on the bottom of your screen are the ones that you place at the top of the menu. You get to your menu by pressing the Blackberry key. You can then rearrange the icons to the top row which will then get displayed on the home screen.

Chris
    06-22-09 06:10 AM
    The icons on the bottom of your screen are the ones that you place at the top of the menu. You get to your menu by pressing the Blackberry key. You can then rearrange the icons to the top row which will then get displayed on the home screen.

Chris
    Thank you for the prompt response !
    06-22-09 06:21 AM
    Thank you for the prompt response !
    Not a problem.

Chris
    06-23-09 12:57 AM
    it also depends on your theme as well. some themes don't allow this customization where some other themes have a different sequence to change the positions (especially some L shaped themes)
    06-23-09 05:08 AM
    is there any way to move the icons to the side of the screen as I have seen others do on other phones? just wondering.. would be nice to have a pic in the centre and icons around.

Thanks
    11-23-09 11:03 PM
    is there any way to move the icons to the side of the screen as I have seen others do on other phones? just wondering.. would be nice to have a pic in the centre and icons around.

Thanks
    Moving the actual location of the icons on the screen can only be done by changing the theme. There are thousands of free themes out there and an equal amount of premium (paid) ones, but two great places to start for the free are here on CB and at www.pimpmyberry.com.

To get to the Bold theme section on CB type forums.crackberry.com/f130 into your browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 05:47 AM

Thanks
    I have made a modified precision zen theme - with 3 icons on each side... Please see the attached files at the bottom of this post.. Hope you like it

Homescreen
    Last edited by ST79; 11-24-09 at 06:55 AM.
    11-24-09 06:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD