I would be extremely grateful if anyone could provide help on how to configure my unlocked blackberry bold to local carrier. Local carrier has only an available APN but not fixed IP. I just need to get connected to internet via opera mini as web browser and send and receive on my gmail account. I am new to blackberry world and just left windows mobile.
    Thank you in advance for any hint
    10-08-08 01:28 PM
    Welcome to CB my fellow WM convert! You'll be happy you switched!!

First, do you have a data plan with your carrier?
    10-08-08 01:30 PM
    Thanks for your assistance. I have a basic plan which I have used on my previous HTC windows mobile. All I want to do is get connected to gprs and I can use opera mini as a browser to check my gmail account.
    10-09-08 08:16 AM
    you need to spk to your carrier about getting the BIS data plan if you don't already have it. goto options/advanced/host routing table and menu key then register now. if your are set up this will resend service books. you will then need to log on to your providers BIS site and set up your email. once you have BIS there is no need for you to use opera mini to check your mail as it will then get automatically 'pushed' to the handset. hope this helps.
    10-09-08 08:23 AM
    Hi

Go to options > advanced options >TCP and enter the apn details there.

Have a look for your carriers APN details here:-

WebMessenger Inc. APN settings

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 08:23 AM
    Thank you for your advise,

Unfortunately Vodafone carrier does not carry blackberry service at the moment in Albania where I have been posted. It should be ready in a year. In the mean time I want to use my unlocked blackberry bold just as internet browser and download emails from gmail account. BB browser is configured to work only with blackberry service. That is the reason why opera is neccessary. I cannot currently think how to bypass log in option to the carrier. With windows mobile I had the service and I could immediately log on into GPRS only with APN. I just need Bb being used to connect to internet just as a simple phone via GPRS. Basically I will be using 5% of BB capacity...

Thanks
    10-09-08 03:48 PM
    Hi, reading this post i tried to make the same changes... I bought my Bold unlocked in Argentina. I put the APN settings acording to my carrier, but everytime i try to use the internet browser it says that ti only works with Wi-fi connection... do i have to change something? I have a data/3g plan... Thanks a lot
    10-10-08 01:33 AM
    Hi everyone!
    In order to get connected to gprs when you have an unlocked bb bold and no bb data plan you must download opera as a browser. Place the proper APN and you are good to go.

For emails you need third party applications as bb browser and message will have priority. But if you do not want your private mail go through corporate server and security you need something like gmail or logicmail.
    10-13-08 05:09 AM
    Hi

Go to options > advanced options >TCP and enter the apn details there.

Have a look for your carriers APN details here:-

WebMessenger Inc. APN settings

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I tried using this setting and i still can't browse using GPRS. I was assured by my carrier i have a GPRS+3G data plan.
    10-13-08 09:14 AM
    . .
    03-19-13 11:14 PM

I also have been wondering about a software update, to coincide with the US launch, to maybe sort out some small bugs.... and more importantly, to make the US customers feel that they are getting something better than what the rest of the world has been using till now. It can also reinforce confidence in the company's intent.
    Just my thoughts.....
    Great idea but that doesn't mean BlackBerry thought of it. Would be great marketing move though if it happens.

More likely is an updated Os after ALL USA carriers release bb10

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 11:16 PM
    Please assist me on how to set internet in BB Bold 97000
    06-01-13 08:20 AM
    Hi everyone! I'm delighted to announce that I succeeded in connecting to the internet on my BB Bold by following eharito's advice. Just download opera with your Wi-Fi connection and configure your APN appropriately, and the Opera browser will connect using the APN settings. Thanks eharito!
    09-25-13 06:46 PM
    i cannt browse with my bold 1 blackberry using mtn and i have subscribe to bis monthly pls i need help pls.
    11-19-13 04:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD