08-11-11 12:19 PM
75 123
tools
    Anyone know how to clean the trackball ? please guide me...
    10-31-08 10:01 AM
    i don't know how to clean it but i'm sure there are a bunch of threads on this site with a detailed description.

here is a link to a video on how to take your Bold apart:
    BlackBerry Bold 9000 OEM bezel w/ side buttons- Motorola, Apple, Sony, SonyEricsson, 3G, Accessories Store, Samsung, BlackBerry,

click on the video tab in the upper right
    good luck
    10-31-08 11:08 AM
    sweet..great vid.
    10-31-08 11:36 AM
    yes i also need to know

if anyone know any link to other site to explain this?
    10-31-08 11:48 PM
    i saw the video...
    thats very complicated to clean it..
    10-31-08 11:52 PM
    If you click on "Search This Forum" you can type in the keywords you are searching for and it will bring up any information pertinent to what you requested.
    11-01-08 12:31 AM
    o god these new phones are gonna be a pain in the **** to clean the trackball, hopefully the design reduces the dirt
    11-01-08 01:07 AM
    ive just had to send mine off to rim as the trackball wouldn't scroll left which made it unusable! should be back wed. its amazing how much i miss having it on a day to day basis. Any tips on ensuring it doesnt happen again or am i just unlucky?

cheers
    02-02-09 07:04 PM
    I use a q-tip and put a dab of rubbing alcohol and just scrub the trackball. It will not keep the trackball perfect but it will help. I scrub mine about once a month or so.
    02-02-09 07:07 PM
    cool cheers for that i'll give it a go, q-tip is a cotton bud... right??
    02-02-09 07:14 PM
    cool cheers for that i'll give it a go, q-tip is a cotton bud... right??
    Garz is the man but be careful using a Q-Tip. The fibers can come off and roll into the assembly (like mine). Then again, they were the cheap generic brand.

I too use rubbing alcohol, it's a good practice to clean your TB once and a while.
    02-02-09 07:16 PM
    Don't use rubbing alcohol it has to much water in it. Use denatured alcohol that's what's used for electronics. Rubbing alcohol has 70% alcohol and 30% purified water.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 07:17 PM
    I gave up on cleaning trackballs. They are so damn cheap its just not worth the hassle of reassembling the rollers and the little metal clip. I bought 5 trackball assemblies on special and when it gets too nasty, I just disassemble my bold and chuck the old trackball.

Actually the bold is one of the easier blackberries to disassemble. It looks complicated, but gets easier each time.

02-02-09 07:32 PM
    I take alcohol wipes to mine about every two weeks it seems to work well

02-02-09 09:22 PM
    Buy a black one on cnn.cn. That's what I did.
    02-02-09 11:18 PM
    So is it really as entailed as the video shows? You have to completely disassemble your berry just to get to your track ball? I though it would be simpler for some reason! Well I guess it's off to Sears to but a T5 torx as mine just started to act up this morning.
    02-03-09 12:21 PM
    this morning my trackball doesn't want go left. after a few wipes with wet tissue, miraculously it works again.

is it ok if i used wet tissue?
    02-03-09 11:09 PM
    My trackball works in every direction but my issue is when i click on it! It works but it seems like the springs aren't working properly! It doesn't really click like it used to so i find myself accidentally double clicking! It's actually very annoying! Does this sound like i need to clean my trackball or maybe i need some new parts?
    02-06-09 05:49 AM
    Mamitabb - don't think wet tissue is a good idea. You don't want water seepage into the circuitboard

Nikos - no harm cleaning to see if it helps. If it doesn't you can always get replacement parts

02-06-09 07:38 AM
    Well its not that easy i took for 3 hours to get it figured out but i tried the rubbing alchohal, spinning it erradically, and yelling. none of that worked. so I licked the trackball (hahaha i know) and sure enough it started working.
    03-14-09 11:05 PM
    Well its not that easy i took for 3 hours to get it figured out but i tried the rubbing alchohal, spinning it erradically, and yelling. none of that worked. so I licked the trackball (hahaha i know) and sure enough it started working.
    LOL. I won't be trying that licking method.

03-14-09 11:29 PM
    woot... LoL... have anyone 2nd this way? =p
    03-15-09 12:09 PM
    HAHAH. I guess the video is the way to go. I don't wanna but my trackball is becoming annoying and randomly scrolls somtimes when its not moving as well. I guess I should reformat and clean it.

Thanks for the vid.
    03-17-09 12:12 PM
    I also enjoy the licking method and second the fact that it works very well.

03-17-09 12:25 PM
    I also enjoy the licking method and second the fact that it works very well.

Ewww. What is with the licking? People licking their screens. Licking trackballs. Hopefully, I am missing something here.

03-17-09 12:46 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD