How can I shut off the camera "click" sound on my Blackberry Bold 9000?

I've checked phone options, camera setup and sounds... no luck!
    09-28-11 10:11 AM
    How can I shut off the camera "click" sound on my Blackberry Bold 9000?

I've checked phone options, camera setup and sounds... no luck!
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

Turning off the camera shutter sound is an oddly missing option on BB's.
    Unfortunately you must turn to a 3rd party app to do this. I know of a couple off thhe the top of my head.
    The amazing app QuickLaunch also includes a Camera Mute app amongst its numerous features.
    There is another app out there called BerryAnnoying that does this too.
    There might have been one called simply Camera Mute too�

You can search here in the Apps Forum, as well as in App World and the CB Superstore. Hopefully you can find a free app to do this.
    09-28-11 11:38 AM
    under regulations option is unavailable to make stalker's life harder .. you wouldn't want someone to quietly take a picture of you in public, would you?
    09-29-11 11:17 AM
    under regulations option is unavailable to make stalker's life harder .. you wouldn't want someone to quietly take a picture of you in public, would you?
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    As soon as you have the chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to assist you.

This is actually an urban myth with a slightly factual basis.

In early 2009, a NY congressman sponsored a bill called the Camera Phone Predator Alert Act. It was passed to a subcommittee and never passed into law as far as I can tell.

Supposedly it is a law in South Korea and Japan, according to Wikipedia. I didn't research any further than that.
    09-29-11 02:11 PM
    Correct. Pittsburgh pervs can still take surreptitious playground shots of children without fear of being pounced on and pummeled to a pulp by pissed-off parents with Peg Peregos...
    09-29-11 02:30 PM
    Preposterous? Perhaps…
    09-29-11 03:50 PM
    Meanwhile in Pdeodelphia, PK.....

Oh nevermind
    09-29-11 10:24 PM

Must profess I'm perplexed but pleased… Pourquoi? No person partaking posted with "panties," "pantsfree," or "peck-r" prominently promoted in their post.

Last edited by elite1; 09-30-11 at 03:06 AM.
    09-30-11 03:01 AM
    How perfectly pernikerty of you to perfunctarily point out the pathological passing of posts with no pendulous protuberances mentioned.

But also, yes - it's very hard if not impossible to turn off the click.
    09-30-11 06:23 AM
    Pish posh! QL has a perfectly purposeful option to mute the camera shutter. Personally, I pick not to. Perhaps plenty of pic-taking people promote the passive partaking of personal pics, but I'll pass. Permanently.

Peace.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Barljo likes this.
    09-30-11 07:40 AM
    My bad - I misread the forum title as 9900 [on which I believe it'll be tricky], but yes - QL should still work on your 9000 dependant on OS...

(couldn't work out how to aPologise with a load of P's!)
    09-30-11 08:42 AM
    m like qwerty so i decidd to get
    Q10 BB
    should ive to get?
    if u face any problem
    dud mention me
    07-10-13 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD