For the past few months, seemingly randomly and regardless of theme, OS version or the phase of the moon, my Bold's screen turns into a mosaic pattern.

To be more specific, if I have left it locked for more than 30 minutes*, when I unlock it I see one of two things happen, sometimes both happen:

1) The entire screen goes bright white and I have to press random buttons to see the normal screen.
    2) The centre of the screen appears, but the outside edge and inwards about 2cm all around turns into a mosaic. The best description I can give would be to owners of old Sinclair Spectrum computers - the game loading screen! Again, I need to randomly press a few buttons, usually the Escape key, to get a normal display back.

Also, when I plug headphones in, there is a small chance they aren't recognised and music comes out of the speaker still. I find inserting the headphone jack slowly can remedy that.

Apart from that it works fine. Anyone know what could be up with my Bold?

Cheers

*PS it seems the longer it's locked the more reliably I can reproduce the beahviour, but not always.
    05-28-09 04:12 AM
    Hmm, that doesn't sound so good... any water damage? If not, any warranty or insurance? That sounds like failing hardware. If you use JL_Cmder, CrackUtil, or MCP, can you take a screenshot? If so, does the screenshot match what you are seeing, or does it show what you SHOULD be seeing?
    05-28-09 04:21 AM
    Hey, thanks for the reply. I will try and use MCP, but it doesn't appear to work with Windows 7 so I'll need to wait until I get home and find an XP installation. I would imagine the same goes for JL_Cmder or CrackUtil but haven't really got the time right now to find out

No, there is no water damage. I am pretty confident you could pass my device off as virtually brand new, there is no damage, just a few tiny scuff marks around the USB socket. I keep my Berry pretty clean and tidy

Cheers again.
    05-28-09 10:30 AM
    if you havent had it for a year, then just take it in and they have to replace it
    05-28-09 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD