Personally im rocking an 8830 with a scotch tape battery door, 3 keys that dont work, and pretty much no down on my trackball. Memory leaks down to about 2MB after a few hours of use.

Curious to see how much everyone else on VZW has suffered waiting for the 9650
    05-24-10 04:31 PM
    I was rocking a Tour that was fine until the screen cracked somehow,so I had to go back to my LG EnV. The phone is ok, a few keys on the keyboard are messed up, but I'm having Blackberry withdrawals
    05-24-10 04:35 PM
    I have an 8530 that I got the day it released, still in pristine condition, I don't ever put it in my pocket, have yet to drop it, and damn near buckle it in when I'm driving. Lol. I'm just ready for a change, and I'm glad its a change to something better. My backup phone is an 8330 that also looks like it just came out of the box. Sold my tour a few months back.
    05-24-10 04:41 PM
    I ended up having to fill a claim on my old 8330 because my USB charging port was pushed pretty much up into my bb that I had to rig it by wrapping my cord around the phone and laying it just the right way until it was start charging. Needless to say I kept rigging it for a good 2 months or so until I couldn't get any type of charge any more and had to get a replacement.
    05-24-10 04:45 PM
    Using my 2yr old 8330 which,is in excellent condition.Just a few wear marks on the lower sides of the phone from taking it in & out of the supplied pocket pouch.I baby my phones but I really credit RIM's OEM pouch in protecting my Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-10 05:00 PM
    My 8330 has seen better days. the top right and left corners are showing signs of concrete burn (deceleration trauma the likely cause). the plastic hard skin died a slow painful death after giving its life for the curve...it cracked on my granite counter top (don't ask...) The little silver button that releases the battery door (you know between the two gold contacts on the back) pushes WAYYY out when i release the battery and its bent so to get the battery door back on i have to push it in, slide the battery door into place and release the button. no more slide and lock into place. The only remaining piece of zagg protection left (you know the one...suppposed to be used on helicopter blades) is the one for the bottom of the phone. the sides, top, front, screen cover all peeled off during pocket extractions...

This bad boy is WORKED! I have been waiting very patiently for the 9650 and almost pulled the trigger on the tour...what? 5 times? 6? BUt...self-control got the better of me.

I think its safe to say I'm ready...

-db
    05-24-10 06:39 PM
    My Storm 9530 is getting pretty funky. The chrome is scraped off on the corners, there's dust under the screen, and there are scratches all over the back/battery cover.

But it's in much better condition than it will be right after I pick up a 9650.

You see, I'm going to take it to the range with me, much like one takes a beloved old dog out in the woods to remove its suffering by putting it down. In my case, though, I'll be removing my own suffering, by terminating my Storm.

I'm going to start with 230gr FMJ .45ACP bullets, hand-loaded with 5.2gr of Alliant Bullseye powder . . . fired from my Kimber Gold Combat II STS. That should give me approximately 830fps, and enough kinetic energy to obliterate the Storm.

Just in case, though, I'll also be bringing my Desert Eagle Mark VII .44mag, using 240gr jacketed soft-point bullets. They'll be powered by 22gr of Alliant 2400, pushing those slugs at close to 1300fps. If anything larger than an inch square was left from the first shot string, it'll be vaporized by the 2nd.

And, of course, all will be captured on video and available via Youtube shortly after for your viewing pleasure
    05-24-10 08:26 PM
    I baby my phones as well. I had the Tour and had 3 of them all with trackball issues and the 4th I just sold, wasn't going to deal with it. I also have my wireless internet with Big Red and used that line to get a new device. I have been using the Curve 8530 now for a month and am pleased with it so far. I actually like it better than the Tour. I am not having other issues that the Tour had as well. I can honestly say the Curve is awesome and the trackpad is devine.
    05-24-10 09:08 PM
    I baby my phones as well. I had the Tour and had 3 of them all with trackball issues and the 4th...... I just sold, wasn't going to deal with it. I also have my wireless internet with Big Red and used that line to get a new device. I have been using the Curve 8530 now for a month and am pleased with it so far. I actually like it better than the Tour. I am not having other issues that the Tour had as well. I can honestly say the Curve is awesome and the trackpad is devine.
    05-24-10 09:10 PM
    I baby my phones as well. I had the Tour and had 3 of them all with trackball issues and the 4th...... I just sold, wasn't going to deal with it. I also have my wireless internet with Big Red and used that line to get a new device. I have been using the Curve 8530 now for a month and am pleased with it so far. I actually like it better than the Tour. I am not having other issues that the Tour had as well. I can honestly say the Curve is awesome and the trackpad is devine. I will see next March on what to get........till then it is the Curve 8530 the little power horse that can do lots !
    05-24-10 09:11 PM
    LG Voyager, and the hinge where you can lift up the top to type on the full QWERTY keyboard is cracked, so it just kind of swings to and fro. The battery dies within 2 hours, and oftentimes it refuses to take a picture or send a text message. Now when I receive picture messages, the device freezes and I have to yank the battery out.
    05-24-10 09:54 PM
    I'm also rockin an LG Voyager that shuts itself off multiple times a day. The touch screen is completely messed up and calibrating it still does not help. It pretty much decides when it wants to and doesn't want to send and receive text messages. And i'm lucky if the battery lasts a day.

Also technically I'm not able to upgrade until October so this phone is less than 2 years old. 2nd to worst phone ive ever had. The worst was an LG 8600, that lasted a month before verizon had to replace it. I lasted a day with the newly replaced phone before using another family members upgrade to get the LG EnV.
    05-24-10 10:13 PM
    old pearl 8130 have to take the battery out twice a day and the ball gets more f**ked up every day
    05-24-10 10:14 PM
    I've been a winmo user/abuser off and on, and on 24/7 for the past two years. using winmo devices exclusively. Currently have a tp2 which is in pristine cond, but in hyper sleep and an ozone as my everyday device also in pristine cond. I take very good care of my phones and they have always served me well. I'm just ready to simplify my life and get one device that will take care of my needs as I slide into retirement after over 40 years of working. All I need is good RF, calendar to remind me to take my CRS meds.() and good email, which bb does exceptionally well. My hosted exchange will be going bye,bye. So no more need for that expense. I'm really looking forward to simplifying and relaxing. No work stress or wm stress either.
    Bring on the "BOLD"
    05-24-10 10:24 PM
    Samsung Glyde, probably never heard of it. It's pretty bad.
    05-25-10 12:01 AM
    I got one of the first Alltel BB Pearls released back in July of 2008 and had that up until halfway through April of this year. Then the towers would should off after 10 seconds so it became unusable. Now I have this dumb phone as a temporary replacement for the last month and a half.

05-25-10 12:16 AM
    Lg voyager. Nuff said. Lmao
    05-25-10 09:21 PM
    Ok does anyone have this problem where each time you plug in any earphones only one side works? Knowing it not the earphones themselves PLZ ANSWER

05-25-10 09:27 PM
    Lg voyager. Nuff said. Lmao
    I had one.
    05-25-10 09:30 PM
    Samsung JUKE...The Worst!!!

05-25-10 09:33 PM
    Personally im rocking an 8830 with a scotch tape battery door, 3 keys that dont work, and pretty much no down on my trackball. Memory leaks down to about 2MB after a few hours of use.

Curious to see how much everyone else on VZW has suffered waiting for the 9650
    Wow bro, you have me beat! My 7290 has pits, scratches and abrasions everywhere on it, but everything functions! It's taken some major spills and recovered from a few water immersion episodes. I get my new 9650 tomorrow! Hopefully it will be as durable as "Old Faithful"
    Last edited by berryaddictnoza; 05-26-10 at 12:07 AM.
    05-26-10 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD