Hi ive just reset my phone but how do i get all my settings back? i updated it on blackberry desktop software, can i just re install it?
    07-18-11 03:52 PM
    Did you create a back up prior to wiping the device?

If so click on the restore button and select the location which it saved, and it will put it all back

If not, you have to set it all up again by hand!
    07-18-11 03:54 PM
    Jared is right, unless you had BlackBerry Protect set up, if you had that you can just log in and haveit sync wirelessly via protect.

if not, SoL
    07-18-11 03:56 PM
    Jared is right, unless you had BlackBerry Protect set up, if you had that you can just log in and haveit sync wirelessly via protect.

if not, SoL
    or the back-up file from DM will work
    07-18-11 03:58 PM
    i had a problem with my sms being unreadable on select few contacts phones so i was advised to do a complete wipe but backup my phone first, will a restore not put the faulty software glitch back on my phone?

Thanks for your prompt replys by the way, first class!
    07-18-11 04:12 PM
    Assuming you mean a corrupt database, yes it could. However, if you want your settings back that's the only way to do it.
    07-18-11 04:14 PM
    It was the reason for the wipe in the 1st place, pointless backing up if i have to install everything again.
    on the restore it says i have 144 application permissions, is that a lot?
    07-18-11 04:18 PM
    You can't have it both ways, you can't wipe and reload the OS and have all the settings back without restoring them from your back up.

So you either reset everything or reload the data from your backup and run the risk of restoring a corrupt database.

If it were me, I'd reload everything and try to replicate the issue. If it doesn't happen, great. If it does, wipe and reload again, and do a selective restore.
    07-18-11 04:21 PM
    there is so much to restore, the issue was with the sms being received on some contacts as unreadable message so what should i not select when doing a selective restore?
    07-18-11 04:27 PM
    Skip restoring the SMS messages. You could try deleting that contact and creating a new entry and see if that cures it. If it does and you need the old SMS msgs, you could always go back and restore them later.
    07-18-11 04:32 PM
    ok all restored, noticed my playbook is popping up this message when i try to use BBM on the PB
    "Blackberry Bridge plug-in for Blackberry Messanger does not exist, or your version of Blackberry Messanger does not support Blackberry Bridge"

Any ideas?
    07-18-11 04:42 PM
    all sorted, re downloaded BBM on my phone and all working now, thankyou for your help and prompt replys.
    07-18-11 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD