Hi,

Simple question: How to add Yahoo account to blackberry email? I'm on BIS and everytime I try to add a (free) yahoo account, my Bold informs me that free yahoo accounts are not allowed; only Yahoo Plus accounts can be added as those can be checked through POP3 servers. On the other hand, the yahoo blackberry link

h**p://mobile.yahoo.com/blackberry/mail

makes no mention of free or paid account. Has anyone successfully added free yahoo account to their BB emails?
    06-04-09 06:34 AM
    if you already have your free yahoo email, you need to go to your carriers BIS login site and add the email address there. i dont know what your carriers site is, so you will need to figure that one out. i use a free yahoo email as my main BB push email.
    06-04-09 06:38 AM
    This sounds like a carrier-specific issue so you probably want to contact them. I've never heard of a Bold refusing to add a free Yahoo account. I have two of them on my Bold and added them through BIS/Personal Email Setup w/o problem.
    06-04-09 06:45 AM
    Yeah, this does not sound correct.

You tried to set it up here?
    https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=vodase

You must have a Blackberry service on your account for this to work.
    06-04-09 06:52 AM
    Hmm interesting. All you guys are correct.. it is indeed a carrier specific issue.. rather region-specific issue. Seems like Yahoo has restricted users of South East Asia from using free accounts on their Blackberry (since March.).. oh well!!
    06-05-09 01:44 AM
    Am from south east asia and was told that email add @yahoo.com.xx will not work. Is yours @yahoo.com and have you tried? Otherwise I suggest you to setup a gmail acct if you haven't and forward your yahoo mail to gmail. Should be able to use pushmail for gmail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 05:58 AM
    In the news, I heard China blocked certain sites. Maybe this is the case for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 06:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD