Hello everyone .first excuse for my English!
    I am going to buy a 9900 bold. It is brilliant phone and I love it. But many say that battery drain very fast. My only concern is battery. I'm not heavy user.please can you help me?with moderate use and os update( I've heard update improve battey). how many days I can use it?
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 02:39 AM
    don't you expect a smartphone to last more than a day with 1230mah battery.
    Used last time, could definitely last for a day for sure.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-09-14 02:44 AM
    I am going to buy a 9900 bold. It is brilliant phone and I love it. But many say that battery drain very fast. My only concern is battery. I'm not heavy user.please can you help me?with moderate use and os update( I've heard update improve battey). how many days I can use it?
    Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    The beauty of most BlackBerry devices (besides the Z30 that really don't need it) is their removable battery. If you're affraid of going dry, then just consider an extra battery ($20 promo running) or - better/my personal choice - a charger bundle like this one ($45 promo running). Then, you'll enjoy the ...
    How is the 9900 battery life compared to the z10?-secondlife.jpg

Don't read me wrong, in normal usage, you won't be in trouble (1 day through) with stock battery (P.S: avoid Chinese presumingly overloaded batteries).
    ivak110 likes this.
    01-09-14 02:57 AM
    Thanks for replying! I have z10 now but i want to sell it! Is difference between z10 and 9900 battery life? I love qwerty! I was expecting 9900 stay at least 1.5-2 days!!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 03:20 AM
    Thanks for replying! I have z10 now but i want to sell it! Is difference between z10 and 9900 battery life? I love qwerty! I was expecting 9900 stay at least 1.5-2 days!!

Posted via CB10
    I believe you'll get more battery life on the 9900, but to be fair, these are different devices/usage ... so hard to tell.

But wow, sell a Z10 to get a 9900 ? You must have your reasons ... but why not a Q10 ?
    You might consider a trade with CB members ... I'm sure you'll get a lot of happy volunteers !
    Check here : The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    ivak110 likes this.
    01-09-14 01:14 PM
    I believe you'll get more battery life on the 9900, but to be fair, these are different devices/usage ... so hard to tell.

But wow, sell a Z10 to get a 9900 ? You must have your reasons ... but why not a Q10 ?
    You might consider a trade with CB members ... I'm sure you'll get a lot of happy volunteers !
    Check here : The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Thanks dear superfly.
    Actually I don't know why!! I just love 9900!! But about q10. For me it's too expensive!! Can I ask what's your phone? I have another question! Does 9900 default browser working on 3g and edge?
    And... main problem is I am not living in Europe! then no access to the market!

Anyway I'm waiting for your great trips!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 02:05 PM
    Hi there... I moved from Bold9900 to Q10.
    I still keep my bold as secound device because I love its task app integrated in the calendar. I now swiched completely to my Q10 and keep my Bold as a reserve in "airplane mode", by turning everything off: even WIFI and BlueTooth... Besides, in Bold you have the possibility to program "Auto On" and "Auto Off", so I entered Switch Off at 23h30 and Switch on at 6h30... Sadly, my Q can't be set up this way... By doing so, my Bold lasts 4-5 days. On the contrary, in heavy usage, my Q hardly survives the day, mostly, I carry it the whole day, use calendar, mail, calls, start work at 7h30 till 17h and have 60% left. Then I surf the net, Crackberry and Web radio after I come home. Now, my phone shows 20%... It is 22h30, so aafter 13h of use today it needs to be charged.
    Q10 is better than Bold because of the OS and the specs aswell as the Apps... but Bold is as productive.

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany
    ivak110 likes this.
    01-09-14 02:48 PM
    Bold works well on 3G. EDGE is slower. The pages are however shown at last. You can rely on Bold9900. I used it for 3 years even without BIS... I had Google-Mail on it (App). Google App works on it too(free), as well as G-Maps.
    Honestly, if you can't afford Q10, and love the Keyboard phones, forget about the Battery... you can charge it ot switch it...
    Go for the Bold9900, with OS 7.1, make the best of it! You will not regret it either way!

ivak110 likes this.
    01-09-14 03:01 PM
    Thanks dear superfly.
    Actually I don't know why!! I just love 9900!! But about q10. For me it's too expensive!! Can I ask what's your phone? I have another question! Does 9900 default browser working on 3g and edge?
    And... main problem is I am not living in Europe! then no access to the market!

Anyway I'm waiting for your great trips!

Posted via CB10
    That's why trades are made, some users would prefer a Z10 against a Q10 they have and prefer a good trade than sticking to it. Maybe you'll have to add a few bucks but if your Z10 is shiny and perfect you can trade it for a Q10 with some cosmetic bumps for instance... worse a try, anyways IMHO.

P.S: I'm the lucky owner of 9900, Z10, Q10 and Z30. But that's part of my business...

Posted via CB10
    ivak110 likes this.
    01-09-14 05:17 PM
    Thanks all of you for replying!!

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    01-10-14 01:09 AM
    That's why trades are made, some users would prefer a Z10 against a Q10 they have and prefer a good trade than sticking to it. Maybe you'll have to add a few bucks but if your Z10 is shiny and perfect you can trade it for a Q10 with some cosmetic bumps for instance... worse a try, anyways IMHO.

P.S: I'm the lucky owner of 9900, Z10, Q10 and Z30. But that's part of my business...

Posted via CB10
    Dear superfly:
    Sorry about so many questions!!
    But I can't post on trade market that you told me!! I'm new and living in Asia. I will appreciate If you tell me how to make a trade with CB members!
    Thanks a lot!

01-10-14 01:14 AM
    Hi Ivak,
    All is explained here : Marketplace Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    As you will see, you have to be member for at least 30 days before you can place a trade offer ... then it is simple as posting a thread (respect the guidelines at the highest level, though ).

But maybe some PM will drop here ... check your profile too

BTW: I'm going to ask the mod team to change the title of your thread so that it'll reflect more the topic/questions we discussed. Don't be surprised when it occurs
    01-10-14 02:46 AM
    Hi Ivak,
    All is explained here : Marketplace Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    As you will see, you have to be member for at least 30 days before you can place a trade offer ... then it is simple as posting a thread (respect the guidelines at the highest level, though ).

But maybe some PM will drop here ... check your profile too

BTW: I'm going to ask the mod team to change the title of your thread so that it'll reflect more the topic/questions we discussed. Don't be surprised when it occurs
    Thanks Very much! For fantastic answers!

01-10-14 02:54 AM
    Thanks Very much! For fantastic answers!

You're very welcome
    01-10-14 03:00 AM
    You're very welcome
    Dear superfly can I have your bbm pin?
    This is mine:2ADE6BDE

01-10-14 03:05 AM
    Well I have both Z and 9900 it all depends on your usage. Like the Z, the 9900 strives on WIFI.

And I do use it for a communication device
    Superfly_FR and ivak110 like this.
    01-10-14 03:10 AM
    Dear superfly can I have your bbm pin?
    This is mine:2ADE6BDE

Ivak, I'm sorry but I keep my PIN under very restricted diffusion ...
    But feel free to PM me (click on my nick anywhere in the forums and then PM at the bottom) anytime !
    Cheers
    SF
    ivak110 likes this.
    01-10-14 03:40 AM
    The 9900 is not nearly as good as the 9700 or 9780 when it comes to battery life. When it first came out, it was pretty disappointing. With proper updates the 9900 does fairly well (definitely better than my Z10 or any Android device I've owned), but you shouldn't expect more than one day of moderate use. I've gotten used to having chargers around, at the office, in my car, etc., and I connect it to the charger whenever it's convenient. When I have a long seminar or conference where I have no access to a charger all day, I have an external charger. Usually that doesn't come into play until late in the evening.
    Superfly_FR and ivak110 like this.
    01-10-14 04:07 PM
    The 9900 is not nearly as good as the 9700 or 9780 when it comes to battery life. When it first came out, it was pretty disappointing. With proper updates the 9900 does fairly well (definitely better than my Z10 or any Android device I've owned), but you shouldn't expect more than one day of moderate use. I've gotten used to having chargers around, at the office, in my car, etc., and I connect it to the charger whenever it's convenient. When I have a long seminar or conference where I have no access to a charger all day, I have an external charger. Usually that doesn't come into play until late in the evening.
    Thanks for replying
    I want to know which os is appropriate for battery(7.1.xx I mean)

Meanwhile I charge my z10 every 1.5-1 days!! I don't play games on phone!
    Last edited by ivak110; 01-11-14 at 10:11 AM.
    01-11-14 08:40 AM
    Ivak, I'm sorry but I keep my PIN under very restricted diffusion ...
    But feel free to PM me (click on my nick anywhere in the forums and then PM at the bottom) anytime !
    Cheers
    SF
    Hi again!
    I wanted to know which os update is appropriate for battery life?
    Actually my z10 get charged every 1.5 days!
    Thanks

01-11-14 09:56 AM
    Hi again!
    I wanted to know which os update is appropriate for battery life?
    Actually my z10 get charged every 1.5 days!
    Thanks

Note that 1.5 day without charge is already a nice running time (most here cannot claim over 8-10 hours, but this depends on usage, of course).

We've found that each BB10 OS upgrade improved the battery life.
    What is your current OS version on your Z ?

For your Z, if you're just a little adventurous (nothing really hard/dangerous) installing the latest leak may provide some extra life.
    Warning: the first 24-48 Hours will let you think otherwise; don't worry, this is normal, as the OS reindexes and sync almost everything.

How-to install a leak : Installing leaks - BerryLeaks Wiki
    Latest stable leak : http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ll-q-z-887047/
    Take your time, always perform a backup / copy your files before you install a leak.
    01-11-14 11:15 AM
    Note that 1.5 day without charge is already a nice running time (most here cannot claim over 8-10 hours, but this depends on usage, of course).

We've found that each BB10 OS upgrade improved the battery life.
    What is your current OS version on your Z ?

For your Z, if you're just a little adventurous (nothing really hard/dangerous) installing the latest leak may provide some extra life.
    Warning: the first 24-48 Hours will let you think otherwise; don't worry, this is normal, as the OS reindexes and sync almost everything.

How-to install a leak : Installing leaks - BerryLeaks Wiki
    Latest stable leak : http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ll-q-z-887047/
    Take your time, always perform a backup / copy your files before you install a leak.
    Sorry but I mean which os for 9900 not z10!
    My z10 running 10.2.1.1055 and not bad!

Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-11-14 11:37 AM
    Bold works well on 3G. EDGE is slower. The pages are however shown at last. You can rely on Bold9900. I used it for 3 years even without BIS... I had Google-Mail on it (App). Google App works on it too(free), as well as G-Maps.
    Honestly, if you can't afford Q10, and love the Keyboard phones, forget about the Battery... you can charge it ot switch it...
    Go for the Bold9900, with OS 7.1, make the best of it! You will not regret it either way!

Is there anyway to set up email account without BIS like bb10 devices?
    I don't access BIS neither enterprise password!! Please help! Because BlackBerry has restricted my country
    Thank you

01-12-14 07:40 AM
    My 9930 could easily go 36 hours without a charge. I literally never had a battery issue. Go all day without hardly a blip on the battery. Plug it in before going to bed. Next day it's full again..never an issue.

Z10
    01-12-14 07:46 AM

I wanted to ask a question!
    Did you say without bis?
    My country is in BlackBerry black list! (restrictions) so no bis neither bes!
    I want to know without bis I can't use bbm or email accounts?
    So I think my phone would be useless!

01-14-14 02:31 PM
32 12