I live very close to the US border and I was wondering if there is a way to make it so the phone will not connect to a US carrier so i dont get charged roaming fees. I know when i was with telus and had a pearl I could select home only under the network selection mode but I dont see that option on my bold
    06-29-09 06:51 PM
    I didn't know the phone would switch automatically to another carrier - don't you have to add it first? Under Manage Connections, I have only Rogers listed as my mobile network. Spent a weekend in Niagara Falls and it never switched to an American carrier, though I musy have been well within range.
    06-29-09 06:54 PM
    I got a text the other night that said I was roaming
    06-29-09 06:55 PM
    Huh. Sorry, don't know about that. Thought you had to add roaming through your carrier for that to happen. Maybe call Rogers and get them to tell you how to set it up or to take roaming off.
    06-29-09 06:59 PM
    In mobile network options change mode from auto to manual, therefore you can fix yourself to carrier of choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 08:43 PM
    In mobile network options change mode from auto to manual, therefore you can fix yourself to carrier of choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Exactly right. Of course. I totally overlooked the obvious.
    06-29-09 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD