Guys I found out how to lock the keypad on the 9700 after this new screwy update to the 9700.

To lock keypad press and hold "A" for 1-2 seconds or push the "lock button" at top left edge of phone.

To unlock the keypad go to the very top left corner ridge on the very top of the phone and press the "lock" button.

Will take some getting used to but will prevent unwanted calls while holstered or in purse.

The best way I found to lock keypad without a password.
    05-22-10 06:40 PM
    I think this is pretty common knowledge already. And intuitive either way (lock button locks the phone! Wow!).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 07:07 PM
    After reading this the first time, i got the -_- face. then i realized i did not know you could use the A key and that actually excited me. it also made me explore the other shortcut keys in the browser that I did not know about.
    05-22-10 09:13 PM
    The A-key function is pretty new news. The lock button.. Well it is the lock button! thanks anyway. I'll use the A function also

05-22-10 09:25 PM
    Lol..noob. If the lock and standby button was so crucial for you to use then roll back to .440. In that version and earlier, you can unlock pressing the 'a' and then call button.

05-23-10 02:08 AM
    but if I hit any number on the number pad the 9700 lights back up, yea it's locked but I'm not going to worry about it as long as it goes to sleep in the case.
    05-23-10 04:18 PM
    Lol..noob. If the lock and standby button was so crucial for you to use then roll back to .440. In that version and earlier, you can unlock pressing the 'a' and then call button.
    .442 noob
    05-23-10 04:26 PM
    Putting it in the stock holster puts everything to sleep, no? You can't accidentally push keys when holstered. Right?

05-23-10 05:07 PM
    The A-key function is pretty new news. The lock button.. Well it is the lock button! thanks anyway. I'll use the A function also

The a-key has been like that since the phone came out

05-23-10 06:22 PM
    This thread is a noob

05-23-10 06:38 PM
    .423 FTW

This is the OS I got with the phone, no problems so far battery life is incredible and no memory leak... I won't update it till OS 6
    05-23-10 08:15 PM
    "Guys I found out how to lock the keypad on the 9700 after this new screwy update to the 9700."

I really hope this is a joke.

05-23-10 09:20 PM
    Guys my top left convenience key is set to password lock how do i change it to keypad lock? Please i need help !
    Thank you.
    04-16-13 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD