Maybe someone can sticky a "bold 9900 battery issues/tips" thread so we can at least get all the posts in one spot? There are probably 100 different posts/threads related to the battery scattered around the 9900 board and the OS7 boars as well. Just a thought since there are so many perhaps a sticky would be better.
    Thank all.
    08-30-11 01:05 PM
    The single biggest problem around battery issues is not being educated. People think that sending 10 e-mails vs. 100 in a day really have an impact. There is one, and only one, huge thing that impacts a battery that NOBODY seems to talk about: Signal Strength in dBm. Period. End of story.

I can send two e-mails and one text, and be in an area with -105 dBm and my battery will be at 50% in two and a half hours.

I can send 200 e-mails, three hundred texts, and talk on the phone for two hours, in an area with -80 dBm and my battery will be at 75% after six hours.

All of these battery threads are absolutely meaningless and worthless without corresponding signal strength. It's the one thing that impacts battery usage the most... and the one thing that is talked about on here the least. The fact that some think the OS version really matters is so comical it's not even funny.

*sigh*
    treiz likes this.
    08-30-11 01:24 PM
    Browsing and phone calls (and obviously video streaming) have a big impact on battery life as well, but I agree that signal strength is paramount.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 02:03 PM
    Maybe someone can sticky a "bold 9900 battery issues/tips" thread so we can at least get all the posts in one spot? There are probably 100 different posts/threads related to the battery scattered around the 9900 board and the OS7 boars as well. Just a thought since there are so many perhaps a sticky would be better.
    Thank all.
    Consider it done.
    dancouver likes this.
    08-30-11 02:06 PM
    All of these battery threads are absolutely meaningless and worthless without corresponding signal strength. It's the one thing that impacts battery usage the most... and the one thing that is talked about on here the least. The fact that some think the OS version really matters is so comical it's not even funny.

*sigh*
    Still, there are people having problems with their batteries regardless of why or signal strength or whatever. The OP was just saying (my interpretation) he'd like to see the posts in one section (sticky) to make it easier for people to have a look and see if there was anything helpful for their own particular situation.

I know my battery life was crummy but within a week or so with my usual habit of charging it every night, it is just fine now.
    08-30-11 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD