I have just dug out a Blackberry Bold 9790 with os 7.1 . I haven't tried calling Blackberry yet but I don't think they will even support.

Thanks a lot!!
    Last edited by howarmat; 02-13-22 at 08:51 AM.
    02-13-22 07:11 AM
    I have just dug out a Blackberry Bold 9790 with os 7.1 . I haven't tried calling Blackberry yet but I don't think they will even support.

Thanks a lot!!
    Blackberry does not support mobile devices in any way or form - so the answer is no.
    02-13-22 12:42 PM

Thanks a lot!!
    What exactly are you wanting to do?

The MEP is encoded in the phone's engineering screen. It's not something you get from BlackBerry.

If you are looking to unlock the phone, that's a different thing you are looking for. But also not something you get from BlackBerry.

There are many online phone unlock sites where you can either pay a minimal fee to get the code, or even get it for free. The BBOS phones like your 9790 do tend to be free to get that code. You may need to find the MEP and those sites will tell you how to get to the engineering screen to find it.

The last time I unlocked a BBOS phone, it was the 9800 on AT&T, and all I needed was the IMEI, the PRD, and the carrier name, and got it for free in an email in 3 days. This was back in 2014.

You just have to look around.
    Laura Knotek and DriftyBoi like this.
    02-13-22 01:48 PM

Thanks a lot!!
    At this point... it's more about getting a phone working without BIS being offered by Carrier's anymore.

Lot's of good info here The Bold Explorer
    DriftyBoi likes this.
    02-14-22 08:59 AM

Thanks a lot!!
    If you need a network unlock code then I believe @gsm_dealer08 is the person you're looking for.
    DriftyBoi likes this.
    02-14-22 09:36 AM

Thanks a lot!!
    PM me your IMEI and PRD or MEP from the sticker under the battery. I can provide the code for free.
    Ben xfg and DriftyBoi like this.
    02-14-22 11:19 AM
    Thanks a lot everyone!!! I found this British website and was able to unlock the phone with one MEP trial left! I have tried a 4G sim card and it worked with the phone. Thanks a lot to everyone! Have a great year and stay safe!
    02-14-22 05:45 PM