Hey everyone,

I just bought a blackberry bold from a friend of mine in brand new condition.
    But he only gave me the phone, a charger, and a USB cable to sync it.
    I've had the phone for a few days, and I like it a lot, but I tried to download the Blackberry software online, but it won't appear on the cmpter when I plug the phone.
    I also bought a memory card, and it comes with an adapter, but it doesn't show on my computer either.
    I really need some guidance on this one... What am I doing wrong?
    07-20-09 10:12 PM
    Just start the Desktop Manager application manually. Then run Media Manager.
    To access your mediacard or devicememory without using DM, set your BB to Options>Memory>MassStorageMode>On

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 10:27 PM
    Also, if you prefer, when you enable Mass Storage Mode it gives you the option to access the Phone and Memory Card contents as it were a regular flash drive. I find this easier to do than using the Media Manager. Simple drag & drop.

For DM (Desktop Manager). Once you have downloaded it and installed it. Go to Start>All Programs>BlackBerry>Desktop Manager

Plug in your phone and follow any prompts to install drivers and such. At this point it should automatically install the needed drivers and it will take a few moments to integrate with DM.

If you have enabled MSM (Mass Storage Mode) then in the phone a message will appear asking if you want to use it as a external disk (in order to access it from Windows Explorer)

By the way, make sure you format the Memory Card. Using the BlackBerry device before putting any files on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Lluvia; 07-21-09 at 01:10 AM.
    07-21-09 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD