okay, il tell the story from the start.

my mom bought me a blackberry bold 9700 from the uk. the carrier is vodafone.

im from the philippines, and ofcourse, my sim card is a local philippine sim, which is 'Globe'.

i tried inserting my sim(Globe) and it loads halfway then turns off again.
    same thing happened over and over again.

i tried inserting my mom's sim(Vodafone) and it works well.

We tought it was locked, so when we went to london, we got my blackberry unlocked.

We bought a new sim at london which is called 'Lebara', i inserted it on my blackberry and it worked well.

When we go back to philippines, i tried inserting my sim(Globe), and same thing still happens, it loads then turns off again. loads then turn off again. i'm really pissed off cos i tought the problem was its locked.

can you guys help me, any ideas what is the problem here?
    05-26-10 03:26 PM
    Get a new SIM Card... if other SIM cards work in it, and your existing Globe SIM card will not work in two different Blackberry's it must be the SIM card.
    05-26-10 04:50 PM
    Agree with fatboy here: the problem seems to be your SIM card. Go to Globe and ask them to replace it for a new one, that should do it.
    05-26-10 05:20 PM
    ok. imma try inserting other philippine sim cards.

my other theory is that it was only unlocked for other uk sim cards only but not for other country sim cards. is that possible?
    05-27-10 04:37 AM
    The fatboy has it right, as usual. You need a new SIM card, for sure.

An unlocked phone is unlocked worldwide. No question about thiat. Unlocked is unlocked.
    05-27-10 05:20 AM
    The fatboy has it right, as usual. You need a new SIM card, for sure.

An unlocked phone is unlocked worldwide. No question about thiat. Unlocked is unlocked.
    Thanks Pete6... it does help when the OP gives us as much information as this to help troubleshoot the issue.

And as Pete6 stated above... an unlocked phone is unlocked EVERYWHERE... you should be able to put any countries SIM card into and it will work, if it's a good SIM card.
    05-27-10 06:07 AM
    ok, tried it with other sim card and it works now! thanks a lot guys!
    05-27-10 06:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD