My setup: I have a MacBook (10.7.2) , BlackBerry 9780 and a iPad (OS5).

I use Mac Address Book as my main contact information database which contains 2,000 contacts and 15 categories/groups.

Recently, I was doing the following (until iCloud was launched):
    - I used BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac to sync (1 way sync with USB) my BB contacts (which did not have my categories/groups synced)
    - I synced my contacts with the iPad using the main sync with the USB wire.

I just did the following:
    - I created an iCloud account and sync my Address Book with my iPad using iCloud

PROBLEM NOW IS: BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac doesn't seem to be able to sync in Lion 10.7.2 and I can't use iCloud and Google at the same time. I have to choose 1.

QUESTION: Does anyone have any solution/suggestions to sync all these contacts all together with my 2 devices wirelessly ? Do I have to change something in my ways to sync all my contacts and categories ?
    10-18-11 04:41 PM
    Before iCloud:
    You can choose to sync your BB contacts and your Gmail contacts wirelessly through the Email Set up app. This will TURN OFF syncing through the Desktop Manager. Then, you can choose to have your Mac Address Book and Gmail Contacts sync. That way, your device, Mac Address Book and Gmail contacts will be in sync.

After iCloud:
    You have to choose whether to sync wirelessly Gmail Contacts and your device or Address Book/device. You can't do both anymore since iCloud doesn't support Google wireless syncing. I have mine set up to sync device and Gmail contacts (thus my Mac Address book will not be synced).

Short answer: I don't think there's an easy way to work around your problem. What you'll have to do is sync your iCloud account and address book and then use Desktop Manager to backup/sync your device contacts. Gmail contacts will unfortunately not be synced. Or, do as I do and forgo the Mac Address Book and set up wireless syncing between Gmail and BlackBerry.
    Last edited by laurah2215; 10-18-11 at 05:34 PM.
    10-18-11 05:31 PM
    Can you import your iCloud contacts into Google using a CVS file? Or vice-versa?

There are a few sync solutions that say they will get all your services and keep them in good sync shape.

Guess you'll have to go for one of those or the "manual CVS sync".
    10-18-11 05:50 PM
    Which sync solution are you aware of ? Can you kindly please tell us ?

Can you import your iCloud contacts into Google using a CVS file? Or vice-versa?

There are a few sync solutions that say they will get all your services and keep them in good sync shape.

Guess you'll have to go for one of those or the "manual CVS sync".
    10-19-11 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD