I have two email accounts set up on on my 9930. The first is Gmail and I can see all of my folders without any problem. Everything works great. The second is my work email. I use Microsoft Outlook and do not have a BES. My emails are coming through fine, however, I can't select folders to file an email into and I can't select to view a sub folder within my inbox. When I go to the menu and view folder the only folder that comes up is Inbox. None of my sub folders show up. How do I get these sub folders to show up so that I can view and place emails in them?

Thanks.
    04-02-13 10:03 AM
    You need BES to have the full capabilities of a Microsoft Exchange server. A work around may be AstraSync, but you will have to do some research on it. I setup Astrasync on my wife's phone to sync here Exchange Calendar over BIS. She has since moved to a Z10 and all the exchange features now work, including folders and searching on the server.

The full exchange server capabilities are missing in BIS because BlackBerry wants business users on BES, using the BES software.

If you are a small Business, and make the decisions, you could use Office365 Enterprise version and it will give you full Exchange features over BIS on the BBOS phones, using the included BlackBerry Cloud services. You would have to host the mail on Office365.

The easiest solution may be to just live with it for a month or two and then upgrade to a Q10 or Z10.

AstraSync - BlackBerry ActiveSync Compatibility - Sync BlackBerry with Exchange ActiveSync Server
    cwbcpa likes this.
    04-02-13 10:27 AM
    You need BES to have the full capabilities of a Microsoft Exchange server. A work around may be AstraSync, but you will have to do some research on it. I setup Astrasync on my wife's phone to sync here Exchange Calendar over BIS. She has since moved to a Z10 and all the exchange features now work, including folders and searching on the server.
    Ok. So this will not be a problem with the Z10? If that is the case I am not going to worry about it. I am getting the Z10 in 2 weeks.
    04-02-13 10:31 AM
    Ok. So this will not be a problem with the Z10? If that is the case I am not going to worry about it. I am getting the Z10 in 2 weeks.
    I edited my post, but the Z10 or Q10 is the easiest answer for the Exchange account. I don't know about gmail.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    04-02-13 10:35 AM
    I edited my post, but the Z10 or Q10 is the easiest answer for the Exchange account. I don't know about gmail.
    I will just wait. I will be picking up the Z10 even though I was considering waiting for the Q10 to arrive. Gmail works great so that one is not an issue at all. Hopefully it stays that way on BB10. Thanks for the help.
    04-02-13 11:12 AM