Hi All!

I’m having a very odd problem with email. Here are the scenarios…

1. I send an email from my home email account (roadrunner) via outlook to my gmail account (the gmail account is the account that I have configured on my bold)
    2. The email arrives on the gmail web site almost instantly
    3. The email NEVER appears on the blackberry

1. I send an email from my gmail account to myself at my gmail account from the gmail website
    2. The email appears on the website but NEVER appears on the blackberry

1. I send an email from my blackberry to myself using the gmail account
    2. The email arrives on the gmail website
    3. The email NEVER arrives on the blackberry

Here’s the weird part…
    1. I am receiving ALL other emails that are being sent by other people to my gmail account on the gmail website AND on the blackberry
    2. The blackberry does not appear to receive emails if they are from either of my own personal accounts (gmail or nc.rr.com)

As best as I can tell there is absolutely no problem receiving emails on the bb from anyone but myself!!!
    07-01-09 12:12 PM
    There is a filter applied to your gmail settings. That way every email you send from your BB doesn't go to your phone. You can remove the filter if you want, Just log into your BIS through your carrier website. The filter is set up to prevent emails with your name from coming to your BB
    Last edited by cjjeffers; 07-01-09 at 12:17 PM.
    07-01-09 12:15 PM
    thanks - that may solve one of the 3 scenarios but still doesn't explain why I can't receive email from my roadrunner account which is actually the one I'm most interested in getting working properly.

I also forgot to mention that I have received emails from my roadrunner account on my bb in the past - not exactly sure when it quit working but I haven't made any changes to my settings...

Any other things I might be able to try?
    07-01-09 01:07 PM
    maybe your BIS was updated through your carrier, The filter usually will block any email the has your name so if the BIS can see your name in the email it might block your roadrunner email as well. I would fix your filters and then resend service books. That should hopefully fix your issue.
    07-01-09 01:10 PM
    Ahhhhhh... thanks so much!

I've been purusing around looking for where I can modify settings but I'm not sure exactly where to look...

any ideas?
    07-01-09 01:12 PM
    OK - got into the BIS

verified that NO filters are set and the radio button for forward messages to device is active....

Name Action Edit Delete
    No filters configured. Add a Filter.

When no filters apply:
    Forward messages to device
    07-01-09 01:23 PM
    I did resend the service books just in case...

07-01-09 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD