OK wtf guys, ive been trying to update for like 3 hours. I got my refurbished in the mail and now trying to get it to .282. I had a bold (but it wasnt working) so att sent me a refurbished one. I had updated my previous bold to .247 and it was working fine. I have the latest desktop manager 5.0, and i install the .282 install file, then i delete the vendor file. but it doesnt show on desktop manager as an update, it says current and downgrade on .167. And i tried the loader file in the apploader folder, but that wont do anything either. please help me..
    07-29-09 10:51 PM
    I didn't use desktop manager when I upgraded. I simply opened the apploader file and used that to install. I followed the instructions here to upgrade.
    Last edited by lak611; 07-29-09 at 11:01 PM.
    07-29-09 10:57 PM
    Like i said thats not working. Its greyed out with some text in it
    07-29-09 10:58 PM
    Did you do a back up and remove the old os first?
    07-29-09 11:06 PM
    Yes i have a backup, and i removed .247 from my computer.
    07-29-09 11:07 PM
    Wtf i just did the apploader thing and it says blackberry app world. dude can someone help me? please
    07-29-09 11:09 PM
    I just started the installation and selected to do a backup in the menu that appeared in the installation wizard on my PC. I made sure I edited the script in the visual voicemail file from true to false, since AT&T does not have visual voicemail.
    07-29-09 11:10 PM
    That makes no sense...What does visual voicemail have to do with updating.
    07-29-09 11:11 PM
    That makes no sense...What does visual voicemail have to do with updating.
    If you install visual voicemail and you have AT&T, you will not get voicemail notifications. So people who leave voicemail messages will wonder why you never returned their calls. You won't know you have any voicemail messages if the visual voicemail is installed. See this thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/voi...orking-273815/
    Last edited by lak611; 07-29-09 at 11:18 PM.
    07-29-09 11:13 PM
    k, can you juts tell me the steps to install .282 please? I have no clue why this bull**** wont even work. its pissing me off
    07-29-09 11:14 PM
    k, can you juts tell me the steps to install .282 please? I have no clue why this bull**** wont even work. its pissing me off
    Have you tried disabling your internet connection on your computer first? Give that a try to see if that helps.
    07-29-09 11:21 PM
    k i just tried that, it still didnt work. this is annoying. it worked so easily last time i did it, why wont it work now!? Wtf
    07-29-09 11:24 PM
    happened to me, turns out it was BBm 5.0. downgraded tehn itwas fine through apploader.
    07-29-09 11:47 PM
    happened to me, turns out it was BBm 5.0. downgraded tehn itwas fine through apploader.
    I never upgraded BBM. I just upgraded the OS. I read too many bad things about BBM 5.0 to put me off trying that upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 11:50 PM
    Wow are you kidding me, i have the update installed on my computer why wont my desktop manager ******* see it? holy ****im about to throw my laptop out the window
    07-30-09 12:04 AM
    I didn't use DM. I double clicked the apploader file. I really cannot offer really basic instructions. I usually use more advanced options, such as editing the registry.

07-30-09 12:09 AM
    oh!!
    did you backup last one?
    I didn't use Desktop manager when i upgrade.
    it's not necessary and dangerous with my bold.
    07-30-09 12:24 AM
    oh!!
    did you backup last one?
    I didn't use Desktop manager when i upgrade.
    it's not necessary and dangerous with my bold.
    yes, I backed up. But I just selected backup in the installation wizard after double clicking the apploader file. No use of DM on my part.

07-30-09 12:31 AM
    I had the exact same thing happen to me when I upgraded. Just download Crackmem (going through DM is a buncha bull and didn't work for me)... I'll post the link below, and hit "wipe" after it's made you verify your new OS and has you check off the things that you don't want. The zip file can be found right before the first comment is shown.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/
    07-30-09 12:37 AM
    I had the exact same thing happen to me when I upgraded. Just download Crackmem (going through DM is a buncha bull and didn't work for me)... I'll post the link below, and hit "wipe" after it's made you verify your new OS and has you check off the things that you don't want. The zip file can be found right before the first comment is shown.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/
    What is crackmem? Idk how to use these things, please give me some steps?
    07-30-09 12:58 AM
    What is crackmem? Idk how to use these things, please give me some steps?
    It's a program that you download to your computer via zip file. I put the link in my last post to the page that talks about it. You just download it, unzip the file and install it to your computer, plug your phone into the USB and launch the program. It will ask you to check the operating system that you want (for me it only showed the new one that I had downloaded so I'm guessing that's the only choice you'll be able to have), then you press a button below that says confirm operating system, and then it has a list of options that you can delete from your phone before installing the new OS (it will even delete the Vendor.xml file for you). You check what you'd like to get rid of, then press the "wipe" button on the right side of the window, and CrackMem will do the rest for you.
    07-30-09 01:06 AM
    OH wow, sounds easy enough. Thanks man, ill try it and let you know how it went.
    07-30-09 01:07 AM
    OH wow, sounds easy enough. Thanks man, ill try it and let you know how it went.
    Okay, well if you have any questions just lemme know. I've done both my Bold and my boyfriends Bold with it and it worked fine both times.
    07-30-09 01:14 AM
    Okay, well if you have any questions just lemme know. I've done both my Bold and my boyfriends Bold with it and it worked fine both times.
    Just making sure,

ill lose everything, its gonna be like brand new? i have to reinstall my third party apps and such after this is done? And i click the things i want gone, then click execute selections then, click desktop manager? or what? kinda lost now lol theres so many options
    07-30-09 01:16 AM
    JayKayBee not only do you have awesome wallpapers but you are a lifesaver!!! I was having the same issues as wrrecked but your post saved my sanity lol. Thank you!
    07-30-09 01:18 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD