07-21-11 08:11 PM
35 12
tools
    OK, I'm a bit freaked out right now.. I tried restarting the phone, the pc, reconecting the cable, and still.. the same message.. Guys, I really need your help.. Coz what's else that would be left for me? Throw my bold to a trash bin? cos nobody would fix my bb here in this gods forsaken land *******..
    07-21-11 12:45 PM
    OK, I'm a bit freaked out right now.. I tried restarting the phone, the pc, reconecting the cable, and still.. the same message.. Guys, I really need your help.. Coz what's else that would be left for me? Throw my bold to a trash bin? cos nobody would fix my bb here in this gods forsaken land *******..
    It's not unfixable
    07-21-11 12:48 PM
    Yes, I have 9650 OS installed on my PC (9650_512AMEA_PBr6.0.0_rel2647_PL4.4.0.486_A6.0.0. 600_Sprint_L.P), just reinstalled it, disconnected from internet, deleted the vendor.xml file, and still, I get the same message..
    07-21-11 01:07 PM
    Yes, I have 9650 OS installed on my PC (9650_512AMEA_PBr6.0.0_rel2647_PL4.4.0.486_A6.0.0. 600_Sprint_L.P), just reinstalled it, disconnected from internet, deleted the vendor.xml file, and still, I get the same message..
    Researched your error message, best answer:

Either follow this writeup BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com. There is nothing wrong with the phone, it just doesn't have an OS loaded on it, that's all. Next time you update your Desktop Manager software DON'T HAVE YOUR BLACKBERRY CONNECTED TO IT!!!
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 07-21-11 at 01:25 PM.
    07-21-11 01:17 PM
    Ok, I've done everything as the tuttorial said, but I end up at the same point.. My pc perfectly finds my bb connected, but when I press next, in the Device Application selection step, I get that stupid message witch doesn't make any sence. How could my BB desktop software don't have Device software for the connected phone, if I installed the BB 9650 OS v6 to my pc.. It just doesn't make any sence..
    07-21-11 01:42 PM
    Make sure you search 'hidden files' and 'subdirectories' for the vendor.xml. I think I've read the Windows 7 has more than one place it has the vendor.xml file. It sounds like there may be one lurking somewhere. Also, make sure you have loaded the base OS correctly.
    07-21-11 02:46 PM
    Make sure you search 'hidden files' and 'subdirectories' for the vendor.xml. I think I've read the Windows 7 has more than one place it has the vendor.xml file. It sounds like there may be one lurking somewhere. Also, make sure you have loaded the base OS correctly.
    Forgot about those hidden ones, I didn't have to find them so I didn't think about them. Good catch!

It's definitely something lukique is missing.
    07-21-11 02:55 PM
    in the start menu, type in folder options, click the view tab, check off show hidden files and folders (y)
    07-21-11 06:19 PM
    WEll, I finally solved my problem and I have no idea how I've done that.. After the wipe with BBSAK I kept having these messages from BB desktop manager that I need to update my phone, coz the manager couldn't connect my phone. And it suggested, that the phone could be restarting and I could "Retry" connecting, "Update" or "Cancel". At first I didn'nt thought that it would be useful. But after all failures to to install OS through Application loader, i reconsidered to give it a try. And, idk how, but it just installed the OS v6 to my phone (through BB Desktop software). Well, it's that simple. Anyways, thanx pcgizmo for ur time!
    Last edited by lukique; 07-21-11 at 07:05 PM.
    07-21-11 07:01 PM
    WEll, I finally solved my problem and I have no idea how I've done that.. After the wipe with BBSAK I kept having these messages from BB desktop manager that I need to update my phone, coz the manager couldn't connect my phone. And it suggested, that the phone could be restarting and I could "Retry" connecting, "Update" or "Cancel". At first I didn'nt thought that it would be useful. But after all failures to to install OS through Application loader, i reconsidered to give it a try. And, idk how, but it just installed the OS v6 to my phone (through BB Desktop software). Well, it's that simple. Anyways, thanx pcgizmo for ur time!
    Glad you got it resolved
    07-21-11 08:11 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD