Hi all

I recently brought an unlocked 9650 (verizon) phone and am loving it.

However when i try to update it, desktop manager doesnot detect any update.

desktop manager shows that there is os 6 available but am not able to install it

I downloaded latest os 6 for verizon and installed it on my computer still the update is not detected.

I am attaching two screen shots of details that i get while updating.

please help me in getting os 6 on my blackberry
    07-12-11 04:56 AM
    find a app called bb swiss army knife. or bbsak. use the app to wipe phone. then use bbsak to load os 6. once app is open you will see how it works. pretty simple. i think your phone already has that on it so it wont show update. bbsak can be found here on crackberry. thats the way i reload phones. i'm not that big on here but i do it alot for my company.
    07-12-11 08:23 AM
    find a app called bb swiss army knife. or bbsak. use the app to wipe phone. then use bbsak to load os 6. once app is open you will see how it works. pretty simple. i think your phone already has that on it so it wont show update. bbsak can be found here on crackberry. thats the way i reload phones. i'm not that big on here but i do it alot for my company.
    +1 to bbtrucker. BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) is pretty essential to me when I update my OS. Definitely wipe your BB first since you are going to a higher OS. After you install the 6.0 OS restore only essential items with Desktop manager; contacts, messages, etc (no service books or options). Restore 3rd party apps from the original source since many will not be compatible with the higher OS. Good Luck!
    07-12-11 09:11 AM
    Download Sprint's 6.0.0.600 and install it to your computer. Remove any older 9650 OS's installed on your PC. Wipe your device with BBSAK, when device reboots to white 507 Error screen click load OS in BBSAK to launch apploader.

524 has some lag that 600 clears up, and I've noticed a huge improvement in battery life.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nt-l-p-628009/
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 07-12-11 at 09:48 AM. Reason: add link
    idiotdog likes this.
    07-12-11 09:45 AM
    Download Sprint's 6.0.0.600 and install it to your computer. Remove any older 9650 OS's installed on your PC. Wipe your device with BBSAK, when device reboots to white 507 Error screen click load OS in BBSAK to launch apploader.

524 has some lag that 600 clears up, and I've noticed a huge improvement in battery life.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nt-l-p-628009/
    You will also need to go into the folder the OS is installed and delete the vender.xml file.

32 bit system
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9650AMEA_v6.0.0.600_P4.4.0.486

64 bit system
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9650AMEA_v6.0.0.600_P4.4.0.486
    idiotdog likes this.
    07-12-11 10:32 AM
    You will also need to go into the folder the OS is installed and delete the vender.xml file.

32 bit system
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9650AMEA_v6.0.0.600_P4.4.0.486

64 bit system
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9650AMEA_v6.0.0.600_P4.4.0.486

Doesn't BBSAK delete vendor.xml? It's been a while since I paid attention.
    07-12-11 10:36 AM
    agreed. been using .6oo for 2 days. much faster. shrunk mine down with bboss and i have 278mb left and haven't had any problems. data speeds seem faster on phone and tethered. .524 was laggy
    07-12-11 10:41 AM
    Doesn't BBSAK delete vendor.xml? It's been a while since I paid attention.
    Good question. I didn't think it did, but I could be wrong. I like using apploader better.
    07-12-11 10:52 AM
    Good question. I didn't think it did, but I could be wrong. I like using apploader better.
    Agreed, apploader is better. But OP is new, so I recommended BBSAK because it can do most of the work.
    07-12-11 10:53 AM
    Agreed, apploader is better. But OP is new, so I recommended BBSAK because it can do most of the work.
    Yes, I agree BBSAK is very user friendly and works well.
    07-12-11 10:58 AM
    Yes, I agree BBSAK is very user friendly and works well.
    Maybe the OP should try JL Commander on a DOS 6.22 PC
    07-12-11 11:09 AM
    thank you all for the suggestions am off to upgrade will keep ya all posted.
    07-12-11 03:18 PM
    guys i need some help.

i downloaded os 6 from above link deleted vendor.xml and used bbsak to wipe the device , i even got to the reload 507 screen on my bb but nothing is happening app loader popped up and when i clicked next it just sits there any help

ok it moved a bit and got on to the communication port screen but it aint detecting my bb help me
    Last edited by idiotdog; 07-12-11 at 04:08 PM.
    07-12-11 04:04 PM
    Reboot your PC and try again. Sometimes windows has trouble detecting the connection properly.
    07-12-11 05:12 PM
    07-12-11 05:18 PM
    i tried a diffrent way here.

i tried restart of system, trying to plug in without battery and what not.

finally i thought of starting desktop manager and boom it instantly detects that the os is missing and allowed me to upgrade to 6 . something i think it was 6.5xx going steady on update now. device is rebooting and soon i will have os 6 yipee
    07-12-11 05:31 PM
    finally i have os6 524 on my phone but i need to update it to 600 from sprint.

i try to load os from app loader, bbsak and device manager but no go. my blackberry refuses to detect the 600 update.

do i need to wipe my device again and install 600 from scratch personally i think it will work and ya 524 is laggy

all the crackberry gurus a big thank you to all
    07-12-11 06:00 PM
    finally i have os6 524 on my phone but i need to update it to 600 from sprint.

i try to load os from app loader, bbsak and device manager but no go. my blackberry refuses to detect the 600 update.

do i need to wipe my device again and install 600 from scratch personally i think it will work and ya 524 is laggy

all the crackberry gurus a big thank you to all
    Be sure to remove any other 9650 OS's that may be installed on your computer.

If you delete the vendor.xml file from the loader folder, you shouldn't have to wipe your device. Apploader will wipe 524 off, install 600 and restore all your app and data in one process.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 07-14-11 at 09:12 AM.
    07-14-11 09:09 AM
    I like using Apploader to install an OS, but sometimes it doesn't respond to a new OS as it should. In this case most people will find BBSAK to work better. If you choose to install the OS with it it will show all the OSs on your computer and let you choose which one you want. It will then connect to apploader and install it.

6.0.0.600 also has some hidden vendor.xml files that may need to be deleted. Some people have needed to and some have not.

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

credit: OSBB.com
    07-14-11 09:31 AM
    What are these vendor xml files and why should they be deleted? Also, I never get this fancy when updating the os. I just plugged it into DM, it asked me if I want to update (to 600), I clicked yes, and it did it. Did I do it in the not so good way?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-11 11:26 AM
    What are these vendor xml files and why should they be deleted?
    Vendor.xml is a text file that is distributed with most OSs and it defines which OS variants may be installed on which phones from which carriers.
    You can't install a Sprint Official OS on a Verizon phone (or vice-versa) without deleting the vendor.xml file.

I just plugged it into DM, it asked me if I want to update (to 600), I clicked yes, and it did it.
    You could use DM because you have a Sprint device and a Sprint OS.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 07-14-11 at 11:38 AM.
    07-14-11 11:33 AM
    Hello, guys..
    I didn't want to create a new thread, so I decided to reply to this one, coz I'm experiencing kind of a similar problem and I tried to solve it with the help of previous messages. But things went bad.. Very bad.
    Ok, so I got my phone (9650) from USA, and and it's from US.Cellular. I live in Lithuania (guess, nobody knows where such country is, but it doesn't make any difference) and cell phones like BB arent very popular here.. Everybody's just using NOKIA's and other main stream phones, so I couldn't get any help here if I wanted to.
    So a few days ago I decided to finally try and update my phone from OS5 to OS6. All of my attempts weren't lucky, 'till found this thread. The main problem for me was, that when I tried to update my phone through Application loader (os6 installed, vendor deleted) it simply couldn't find what to do with my BB. I don't really remember what did it write, but it was something like: There's nothing to install, or smth..
    And then I read about BBSAK. I wiped my phone, it gets 507 message, and..... the os isn't still installing. What scares me the most now, is that my phone isn't functioning at all, I can't do anything about it. By the way, I'm getting now the same message as in the first screenshot at the start of this thread. So, guys, I reaaaaly hope that you could atleast help me to get my phone back working.. thanks in advance
    07-21-11 11:59 AM
    Hello, guys..
    I didn't want to create a new thread, so I decided to reply to this one, coz I'm experiencing kind of a similar problem and I tried to solve it with the help of previous messages. But things went bad.. Very bad.
    Ok, so I got my phone (9650) from USA, and and it's from US.Cellular. I live in Lithuania (guess, nobody knows where such country is, but it doesn't make any difference) and cell phones like BB arent very popular here.. Everybody's just using NOKIA's and other main stream phones, so I couldn't get any help here if I wanted to.
    So a few days ago I decided to finally try and update my phone from OS5 to OS6. All of my attempts weren't lucky, 'till found this thread. The main problem for me was, that when I tried to update my phone through Application loader (os6 installed, vendor deleted) it simply couldn't find what to do with my BB. I don't really remember what did it write, but it was something like: There's nothing to install, or smth..
    And then I read about BBSAK. I wiped my phone, it gets 507 message, and..... the os isn't still installing. What scares me the most now, is that my phone isn't functioning at all, I can't do anything about it. By the way, I'm getting now the same message as in the first screenshot at the start of this thread. So, guys, I reaaaaly hope that you could atleast help me to get my phone back working.. thanks in advance
    Try rebooting your PC and reconnecting your Bold via usb cable

Check out the link in my signature
    07-21-11 12:08 PM
    Just done that, and I still get the same error message. I'm attaching it.. Ant the tuttorial, how to install a new OS, I think I read it atleast 10 times.. So.. Any ideas? :
    07-21-11 12:18 PM
    Just done that, and I still get the same error message. I'm attaching it.. Ant the tuttorial, how to install a new OS, I think I read it atleast 10 times.. So.. Any ideas? :
    Do you have an 9650 OS installed on your PC? If so try removing the vendor.xml file and disconnect from the internet.
    07-21-11 12:43 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD