Hi, I recently picked up my phone right after taking a shower and apparently the water messed up the trackball and the keyboard (how fragile!).

Anyways, I blow-dried my phone and got the keyboard and trackball to work and stuff, but ever since then my trackball became extremely sensitive when I click on it. One click results in 2 hits, sometimes even 3. I ordered a new trackball and replaced it, but it's still the same. I'm guessing the trackball circuit is messed up? Has anyone had this issue? How can I fix this?

Thanks very much in advance.
    06-09-09 12:25 PM
    Hi, I recently picked up my phone right after taking a shower and apparently the water messed up the trackball and the keyboard (how fragile!).

Has anyone had this issue? How can I fix this?
    Yes, the Bold is soooooo fragile in comparison to all the other cell phones which prefer to have water spilled on them.

Common procedure is to put your phone into a bowl of rice for a few days, that will sap up the moisture. Oh, and don't turn it on until you know for sure it is bone dry. Lastly, don't talk on your phone in the shower!
    06-09-09 01:04 PM
    Hi thanks for the reply. Ya I let my phone dried up and the keyboard and trackball scrolling are working perfectly fine now, but I'm still having the issue with multiple clicking for the trackball. I assume that the trackball circuit is screwed up..... but it's too late for me to get a replacement phone because I already voided the warranty by dissembling my phone to replace the trackball. Also the stickers are red. Is there any other way to fix this problem? Can I replace the whole trackball circuit or something?
    06-09-09 02:31 PM
    Yep, I did the same thing when I got my 8310. My hand was damp and I moved the trackball, my stickers weren't red though... I ended up having to get another one. I hope you can fix it though!
    06-09-09 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD