Hi-

I recently setup a Gmail account on my Bold. Without paying attention, I activated the BES synchronization(or so I think).

Now when I view my contacts in my Contact book or try to add New Contact, a menu on the top labeled "Synchronization" with options to choose my gmail or "unknown" appear.

I want to remove this, disable, deactivate, or however to remove that option.

I prefer not to have that or need that either.

Help is much appreciated.
    12-19-10 02:05 PM
    under setup go to email setup, where it asks you to type in your password and your 2 options are synch and cancel hit cancel, then click the bb button while your email act is highlighted and scroll to edit then scroll down to sync options, hit the plus and uncheck contacts
    12-19-10 02:12 PM
    Nozzles,

Thanks for your reply. Here is an update.

I have done that but did not work. I deleted my gmail email in Email settings.

But it has not changed anything. I event went to BES option and all of the required fields are blank.

I'm not sure why it still showing that Synchronization Menu when I try to add a new contact. It's really annoying.

Many thanks.
    12-19-10 02:48 PM
    It's a simple approach but you could always try a battery pull with the new settings
    12-19-10 02:50 PM
    It did not work

I went to new contact and it shows "Synchroizing using: Gmail account" on the top menu.

Why won't it go away?!

I do not have a Gmail account on my phone set up but somehow remembers my email. The other option it provides is "Unknown" from the drop down menu. Also, i learned my # of contacts are split between my Gmail and Unknown.

Why is this happening? Could this be part of the service books?

Any help is appreciated
    12-19-10 03:10 PM
    I had this happen to me, I had to restore from a backup to get it to go away.
    Try deactivating it though, it's in your email settings in the synchronization options for your GMail address.
    12-19-10 03:10 PM
    So after 6 hours i wiped out my blackberry, brand new.

I tried to restore my contacts....and behold, it was still there...i do not even have my gmail email set up on my phone and it's telling me it's synchronizing with my contacts!

Im really getting mad.

How do i stop this madness, how do i disable the gmail synchronization? I do not even have a gmail email setup on my phone.

Please help. I do not want to add 700 contacts manually
    12-24-10 05:38 PM
    Something on the BIS server got corrupted perhaps. I would call/email RIM for support.
    08-23-11 10:19 PM
    Are you using Desktop Manager? If so, make sure you don't have the Enterprise Activation (BES) box checked.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-24-11 08:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD