I have an email address for college with a college domain (@temple.edu). I am having trouble configuring my new blackberry to connect with this email address. When setting up with the wizard, I tried entering my email address in the gmail section (because the email is run through gmail) and when that didnt work i tried entering my email address as "other". For some reason, I don't think the blackberry recognises my email domain. I could always have this address pushed to a gmail account which the blackberry could connect with, but I feel that the blackberry should be able to receive my emails. Any help would be great thanks!
    07-06-11 07:36 PM
    I think the only tricky part is entering the email server. Did you try all combinations for that: gmail.temple.edu, pop.temple.edu or ??? If that doesn't work, call your college IT guys and ask them.
    07-06-11 08:00 PM
    You might want to try the Gmail app for your email. Gmail uses special ports and your school would need to have POP or IMAP enabled and the respective ports open in the firewall for the native BB email client to work. The Gmail app handles that when the native client won't.
    07-07-11 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD