Hey everyone,

So I have been thinking about this for awhile and was wondering if any of you have some good advice or help they'd like to impart. I have a 9650, but will upgrade to the 9930 whenever that comes out. My girlfriend is traveling to Spain in the fall for 8 months, and I thought (since the 9650 to my knowledge contains the Euro radios) it would be a good idea if I give it to her to use so she can easily email her family and bbm me (both in the states) while abroad, and she can text and call whomever she meets in Spain through local rates. Also, I have heard European carriers often have cheap bbm and email only plans

Anyhow, to my question, she is not very tech savvy and will have a lot on her plate, especially when she first arrives. In a perfect world, I would like to be able to completely set up her phone and plan for her, so all she would need to do is the Spanish equivalent of *228 when she gets there and be on her way. This probably isn't realistic, but I'm all ears if anyone has any experience!

Also... my Spanish amounts to hola, gracias and a couple swear words...

Thanks all!
    07-26-11 01:13 PM
    Vodafone: telefonia movil, telefono fijo y acceso a internet offers a weekly prepaid BIS plan for 3.5 Euros per week.
    07-26-11 02:42 PM
    You need to unlock her Blackberry and get her to buy some Pre-paid or on cotract cheap local sim card of any good GSM carrier you find online.
    07-26-11 06:24 PM
    ORANGE and VODAFONE are your best solutions ...
    07-26-11 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD