Is it alright if I put a bit of WD 40 in my BB Bold 9700's keyboard? Will it effect the phone in any way?
    The reason why I want to do this is because my phone's keyboard's keys are not properly working. Thank you in advance
    08-24-11 05:16 AM
    I'm not certain but I would suggest against this. I would assume that it would be bad. But hopefully someone else will chime in on this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 06:57 AM
    You have already asked this in your other thread. Answer is no, it will damage it. Go back to the store and have it properly repaired. Half-*** jobs don't do any good. I have given you an answer already.

Your thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...roblem-642168/
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-24-11 12:18 PM
    I agree with Rootbrian, get a proper repair for your device.. don't try to save on it that much because you will damage it and at the end it will cost you more to fix the damage..
    08-24-11 02:58 PM
    I doubt WD40 will do anything to make ur keyboard work. Its just petroleum and is really meant for metal. It may even damage the plastic keys.
    08-24-11 04:12 PM
    Thank you all so much
    08-24-11 04:29 PM
    Is it alright if I put a bit of WD 40 in my BB Bold 9700's keyboard? Will it effect the phone in any way?
    The reason why I want to do this is because my phone's keyboard's keys are not properly working. Thank you in advance
    I had the same problem and the same thought about using wd40. Thank God I don't use it because after I know how to open the keyboard and see the hardware configuration I found the wd40 will do no good at all.

Below the keyboard there is a membrane, and below this membrane there is a dome like electronic plate, your wd40 will only reach the membrane not the electronic.

08-25-11 02:50 AM
    If you're handy you can get a new keyboard and replace it yourself. Not that hard to take phone apart.
    08-25-11 07:55 AM
    Like I have said already, WD40 will damage it even more. I tested it on a computer's motherboard, it caught fire. I tested it on an old usb keyboard, it got zapped, meaning it never worked again. So unless you want a paperweight, take our advice and get it repaired at the shop.

08-25-11 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD