Ok I've got panic setting in, I phoned my provider the other day and told them I was having a problem with my berry, the scroll ball is struggling to scroll down and is not acting like it should do....

I didn't want to start pulling keys off the phone to see if it just needed some air to clean something so I phoned provider and they say there sending me a new phone it will be with me on Monday,

Great you might think but I have lots of contacts, callendar items, messages, emails etc that I need to come to my new berry as they will take the old one....

What do I do??
    07-11-09 09:19 AM
    Backup your currrent phone with the Desktop Manager and then restore it to the new phone.
    07-11-09 09:27 AM
    Do a back up and then restore to the new device.
    07-11-09 09:27 AM
    So is there a function on desktop manager to do that??

Any idea if I could for example remove the menu / back key to see if there is anything stuck that would restirct the ball, if so how do I go about removing the key without breaking it??
    07-11-09 10:02 AM
    If the trackball is hanging, it could be lint or something caught in it. Hold the device keyboard down, press in the trackball firmly, and scroll around. This may loosen anything caught in there.
    07-11-09 10:17 AM
    But you really need to do a backup on DM anyway. Anything could happen to your phone, and you would lose all that info.
    07-11-09 11:34 AM
    you can also use the device transfer wizard cos it transfers everything to the new berry as well.
    07-12-09 02:06 AM
    I'm assuming they're just sending a new unit without the back door or battery so you'll have to a backup rather than using the device switch wizard.
    07-12-09 04:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD