ok everyone. First off I am a first time blackberry user. I had a Peal 8110 from Atnt and I loved it, so i decided to upgrade and got a bold from ebay for about *$220 bucks. I am also new to Crackberry and I must say that there is a ton on information on here and it has greatly been appreciated. ok time to get down to busines.

I got the bold, which came with .167 all ready on it. I am able to get tethering on it, along with using internet on the phone and send and receive mms simultaneously. I just upgraded to .282 and noticed that tethering still works for me, but i'm not able to use the internet or send and recieve mms or any kind of data for that matter while tethering. Is there a fix or a work around for this? also I loved .282 software, but i downgraded due to this problem. whats the most current build that allows this simultaneously use of data???

Thanks again in advance, I love this blackberry and will never go back to a non blackberry phone again.
    07-19-09 05:17 PM
    Do you have the data plan and a tethering plan?
    07-19-09 05:42 PM
    Do you have the data plan and a tethering plan?
    I do have the unlimited BIS data plan. Right now i'm using application version .167 and am able to tethering on my phone and also browse the internet and send mms on my phone while still connected. Right after I upgraded to version .282 I could only be on one or the other at a time.

Edit: Sorry i do have the BIS plan but do not have the tethering plan from at&t which costs $30
    Last edited by Tennispro4ever; 07-19-09 at 05:46 PM. Reason: first post, forget to mention some additional informaition
    07-19-09 05:44 PM
    Don't have experience with tethering, but .266 works faster and better then .282 (last one is a bit laggy sometime) and will maybe also solve the tethering issue you're having now...
    07-19-09 05:46 PM
    Don't have experience with tethering, but .266 works faster and better then .282 (last one is a bit laggy sometime) and will maybe also solve the tethering issue you're having now...
    ok thank you, i will have to try that, i did love how fast the wifi was. I tried .247 and wasn't impressed with the wifi speed.
    07-19-09 05:53 PM
    I do have the unlimited BIS data plan. Right now i'm using application version .167 and am able to tethering on my phone and also browse the internet and send mms on my phone while still connected. Right after I upgraded to version .282 I could only be on one or the other at a time.

Edit: Sorry i do have the BIS plan but do not have the tethering plan from at&t which costs $30
    Wait a minute, you can tether without the plan? Is this correct?
    07-19-09 06:00 PM
    Wait a minute, you can tether without the plan? Is this correct?
    Correct, you can tether without the plan, I think as long as you dont totally abuse it, you won't get charged, but if your a heavy data user, you might get a pretty big bill
    07-19-09 06:04 PM
    What about checking facebook and stuff? Like facebook apps?
    07-19-09 06:10 PM
    Well i dont work for at&t, but you can do that, just be aware that you may or may not be charged. I will admit though, the tethering is pretty darn fast on my bold. I was able to get 700kbps which is really good i think for a blackberry.
    07-19-09 06:14 PM
    Please check out all existing Tethering threads....I guess we were trying to help someone out with "healing" his BB in this thread
    07-19-09 06:15 PM
    Please check out all existing Tethering threads....I guess we were trying to help someone out with "healing" his BB in this thread
    haha, well i'm not sure about healing, but lets just say pimping it out lol.

But i might be a newbie here, but there are tons of tethering threads, which include guides with how to and much much more.
    07-19-09 06:18 PM
    I'm downloading now....I backed up everything so it should be a pretty quick and easy process. Thanks again, for all the advice and help. You guys really do rock and know what your talking about.
    07-19-09 07:53 PM
    ok so I installed .266 and restored all of my apps and settings, but man oh man that build doesn't work well for me. i wasn't even able to hardly use my phone (and yes I did do a clean install using that one program out there to remove the OS and everything) so I guess it's either back to .282 or the original one of .167???
    07-20-09 07:42 AM
    ok so I installed .266 and restored all of my apps and settings, but man oh man that build doesn't work well for me. i wasn't even able to hardly use my phone (and yes I did do a clean install using that one program out there to remove the OS and everything) so I guess it's either back to .282 or the original one of .167???
    247 has been the best build for me so far.
    07-20-09 07:44 AM
    I went from .167 to .247 and it was ok but my battery never lasted long, then I upgraded to .282 and now my battery lasts a whole day.
    07-20-09 08:24 AM
    282 is the best for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 09:52 AM
    282 is the best for me.

I tested version .247 and .282 and I think ill be staying with .282. I guess I can live without receiving mms while tethering. But thanks for all the help.

07-22-09 08:41 PM
    247 has been the best build for me so far.
    Until the 4.6.0.282/5.0.0.100 hybrid BBCrackMan released, I would have agreed with this. .247 is a fantastic build. I also did pretty well with the .266 EastAsia build. For whatever reason, the supposedly identical vodaphone version sucked for me.
    07-22-09 08:45 PM
    I have noticed that when tethering on my bb bold using .282 the bb internet icon on the top right next to your signal bars disappears once connected, but when using .167 it connects, and the icon never goes away. I am able to use data on my phone including internet while tethering to my computer.
    07-25-09 06:29 PM
    Quick questions. Did you resend your service books following the upgrade, and did you do a battery pull reset after the upgrade? (I normally do my battery pull after 10-15 minutes post upgrade, and even then my phone is a little laggy for a little while. It sorts itself out after a little while, though.)

07-25-09 08:05 PM
    Quick questions. Did you resend your service books following the upgrade, and did you do a battery pull reset after the upgrade? (I normally do my battery pull after 10-15 minutes post upgrade, and even then my phone is a little laggy for a little while. It sorts itself out after a little while, though.)

I did resend my service books and also performed a battery pull. Everything works fine except this one bug. Is it possible they did this for a reason?

07-25-09 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD