I got my Blackberry bold 9780 today. I bought it from amazon unlocked it's T-mobile carrier branded. I cant go on the internet on the phone. This is what it says when i try to use the internet:

Browsing over the cellular network is not included as part of your current service plan. To browse the web you must use Wi-Fi or contact your service provider to change your service plan.

My sim card is from NOVA witch is only available in my country.

Can anybody tell me why i cant use the internet and if there is any way i can fix this problem ??? Many thanks
    06-29-11 08:04 PM
    Did you call your provider and get the internet package and/or BIS added on?
    06-29-11 08:10 PM
    Well im on vacation now so i cant call them, is it possible that that's the reason i cant go on the internet?
    You don't buy a internet package in my country. It's not like in america we dont have carrier branded phones or anything like that.
    06-29-11 08:24 PM
    You need to be connected to Blackberry Internet Service.
    The data plan needs to include that.

A normal data plan will NOT work.
    06-29-11 08:30 PM
    What do i need to do to connect to Blackberry Internet Service ? Do i have to have a service plan with some carrier to use the internet?

But what if it would have been a international blackberry phone. the kind that comes in the blackberry factory box, how would they get the BIS added on ?
    Last edited by mybberrylove; 06-29-11 at 08:43 PM.
    06-29-11 08:40 PM
    Yes, you need a data plan with Blackberry Internet Service.
    You'll get BBM, E-Mail, Broswer and your phone will be 100% better.
    06-29-11 08:42 PM
    Okai but can i get this blackberry internet service by just googling it when im back home in europe ? because im on a vacation right now
    06-29-11 09:00 PM
    You need to get it from your carrier.
    Who's your carrier?

Right now, you'll only text/calls.
    06-29-11 09:02 PM
    I have a NOVA sim card but they dont even sell blackberry's. But things here are different, we buy our phones factory sealed, the phones company dont open the phones and brand them or put things in them. We buy the phone full priced and go out and it all will work. If i switch to a company that sell these kind of blackberry's do you think that they can help me then. Is it also with the international straight from the factory phones that you need to add the blackberry internet service on it?
    06-29-11 09:19 PM
    If your carrier doesn't sell Blackberry's then they probably don't even have BIS.
    So, you're out of luck unless you switch to a major carrier that does provide it.
    06-29-11 09:22 PM
    Full name of carrier and country please and we might find out for you.

The more info you give us, the faster/better we can help.
    06-29-11 09:51 PM
    It's called NOVA and im from Iceland if that helps anything
    06-30-11 08:30 AM
    you can unlock your Blackberry by MEP ID and then use it with a carrier that provide BIS so you can get a data plan and use Blackberry services...
    06-30-11 10:35 AM
    It did really. I went to their website and I've seen stuff about iPhone, Android and even Nokia phones, but not a word on BlackBerries.

Vodaphone Iceland has BIS plans thou.
    06-30-11 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD