Hi
    Tried my first OS upgrade from .162 to .181 and managed to screw this. Used the 'update' process on blackberry.com. evrything seemed to work ok , with backup at start. But now I have no password keeper and all of my installed apps need activation keys , which are in my password keeper
    Is there a process make the password keeper reappear?. Tried restore from backup and it appeared to be restoring something but nothing appears. Also lost my saved messages. ANy advice would be much appreciated
    07-01-09 02:05 AM
    Plug in your phone and reinstall password keeper with desktop manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 02:12 AM
    Make sure you have the OS installed on the PC and follow what dragonsamus said ...
    07-01-09 03:26 AM
    And that's an easy one... save the word disaster for when your phone won't turn on and just flashes a red light at you... the first one of those is scary, but that's how I found this place! A year or so later I joined up and started posting.
    07-01-09 03:38 AM
    Hi thanks for input
    the password keeper is showing as installed from the desktop manager, but no icon is displayed . So I am not sure how I can install from desktop manager
    You are right disaster is too strong a description, but as i dont have any of my regular apps , no way to activate them, no saved messages folder anymore, and also I just find I cannot connect via opera through 3g anymore (strong signal showing).
    I am thinking I should start from scratch and pick .282 and follow the recommended process , with delete of vendor file .
    07-01-09 05:40 AM
    I am thinking I should start from scratch and pick .282 and follow the recommended process , with delete of vendor file .
    Yeah, at that point I would try a fresh re-install too, regardless of the version you choose. Make sure you only have a single version of the Device Software installed to your computer when you go to install it on the phone.
    07-01-09 02:25 PM
    or on main menu click the bb button and click show all it may be a hidden app i have had this happen in the past with other apps
    07-01-09 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD