Hello folks

I am a bb 9790 user, with os v71.0.714

My carrier is O2 iRELAND

Intially i started out with v70.0.528 and decided to upgrade/update to 714{ big mistake}

After update, i lost all bbm contacts{ silly me i did not back up}

So i tried to re install bbm.....u kept on gettin msg saying cannot connect due to insifficient interenet{ i was connected at all times}

So upon readin thru the site i decided to downgrade from v71.0.714 to os v70.0.528

I used bbask to wipe phone, and now i get an error say reload software 507.

I have tried to re install using bbsak....tho it cant detect any os on my pc{ even tho i have downloaded 2 diff versions to pc }

I cant use app loader as the phone has been wiped clean , so it doesnt pick up any data

I have tried to back up using BDM.....tho that too refuses to update my phone, i click on repair , then update

I just get a msg saying error has occured..pls ensure u have internet connection

I tried to udate os via bb site...and i get same error

So now i have a blank blank phone stating error

CAN SOMEONE KINDLY HELP A BB NEWBIE

Sincere regards

Esme x
    03-17-13 04:50 PM
    Tip no. 1 ditch that phone.
    Tip no. 2 GET A Z10!!!!!!
    03-17-13 06:40 PM
    Wow

I was not expecting that reply

I will not ditch the phone as i have only had it for 6 mnths

Tip no. 1 ditch that phone.
    Tip no. 2 GET A Z10!!!!!!
    03-17-13 07:10 PM
    If you get an error 507. That is meaning about reinstall OS. You can download OS Blackberry from CrackBerry or anywhere. And then, install it step by steps. If install is finish, now you must open AppLoader (*Optional : If your blackberry have error, you must wipe data after back up), then, step by steps. And last, click OK. Your blackberry was completed ( After install, reboot ).
    03-18-13 01:19 AM
    if you've downloaded a OS from a carrier different then yours, you have to delete the Vendor file.

located in C:/program files: common files: research in motion: apploader:
    look for the vendor file and delete it. Now go back into Device manager, the system should be able to see the software.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    03-18-13 02:59 AM
    Ok check this post, there's a good explanation on how to reinstall.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-bold-9790-f251/ota-upgrade-problems-blackberry-bold-9790-a-782782/#post8142423

Hello folks

I am a bb 9790 user, with os v71.0.714

My carrier is O2 iRELAND

Intially i started out with v70.0.528 and decided to upgrade/update to 714{ big mistake}

After update, i lost all bbm contacts{ silly me i did not back up}

So i tried to re install bbm.....u kept on gettin msg saying cannot connect due to insifficient interenet{ i was connected at all times}

So upon readin thru the site i decided to downgrade from v71.0.714 to os v70.0.528

I used bbask to wipe phone, and now i get an error say reload software 507.

I have tried to re install using bbsak....tho it cant detect any os on my pc{ even tho i have downloaded 2 diff versions to pc }

I cant use app loader as the phone has been wiped clean , so it doesnt pick up any data

I have tried to back up using BDM.....tho that too refuses to update my phone, i click on repair , then update

I just get a msg saying error has occured..pls ensure u have internet connection

I tried to udate os via bb site...and i get same error

So now i have a blank blank phone stating error

CAN SOMEONE KINDLY HELP A BB NEWBIE

Sincere regards

Esme x
    03-18-13 03:15 AM
    Don't be afraid of the 507 notification, thats a good thing
    Your phone still works and is not bricked.

Do as the people say,
    Install the new os on your computer (remove the vendor files (there are 1, 2 or 3).
    Power up desktopmanager, and after 20 min or so you are good to go again.

Don't forget to let the os settle for a couple of days (do a couple of battery pulls)
    and you should be could to go
    03-18-13 04:29 AM
    Re-check for vendor.xml file. I found one at C://users/*username*/appdata/roaming/research in motion/

Check those and try doing a complete search for 'vendor.xml' using windows search. Delete each and every result u find.
    03-20-13 09:11 AM
    Hi

I want to thank you all for your help and efforts.

I managed to get phone starting again, i un installed everything from bdm, and all os on my pc, i also used vendelete to erase all vendor files.

But i have a second problem....my bbm says that it cannot set up , A temporary bbm servr error has occured!!

What is all that about? and how can i get it to work?

Kind regards
    03-20-13 04:32 PM
    Hi

I want to thank you all for your help and efforts.

I managed to get phone starting again, i un installed everything from bdm, and all os on my pc, i also used vendelete to erase all vendor files.

But i have a second problem....my bbm says that it cannot set up , A temporary bbm servr error has occured!!

What is all that about? and how can i get it to work?

Kind regards
    I have never encountered that error, I would start by removing/delete BBM in: (options, device, application management).. Then go into appworld and reinstall it. this will take less than 5 min and see if it fixes the problem.
    03-20-13 08:52 PM