I'm showing the dots next to my wifi signal strenght indicator, I have a feeling this is showing that my data connection is wifi right now and not the network. Does that make sense?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-11 10:32 PM
    I'm showing the dots next to my wifi signal strenght indicator, I have a feeling this is showing that my data connection is wifi right now and not the network. Does that make sense?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, it makes perfect sense. When the BB dots are showing next to your WiFi, it means, that you are connected to the BIS services through the WIFi, and not the operator network. Can be very useful while roaming- it helps you save the data roaming charges
    05-10-11 01:04 AM
    Yes, it makes perfect sense. When the BB dots are showing next to your WiFi, it means, that you are connected to the BIS services through the WIFi, and not the operator network. Can be very useful while roaming- it helps you save the data roaming charges
    this is correct. it will jump next to the wifi symbol when you are on BB services over wifi, and back up top when you are using the mobile network.

be advised, when this thread was created, OS 6 wasnt out yet. we were still on OS 5 which just had the wifi logo. the BB dots either stayed on the top line or disappeared entirely. now with OS6, you will see the dots go up or down depending on your connection, instead of needing to check its status in your connections menu.
    05-10-11 01:59 AM
    (...)
    be advised, when this thread was created, OS 6 wasnt out yet. we were still on OS 5 which just had the wifi logo.
    I know: that's why I was referring to the specific question asked by flyguy33

the BB dots either stayed on the top line or disappeared entirely. now with OS6, you will see the dots go up or down depending on your connection, instead of needing to check its status in your connections menu.
    In OS 5, if I remember correctly, the WiFi icon would turn white from gray, when BIS was available through WiFi.
    05-10-11 02:28 AM
    I know: that's why I was referring to the specific question asked by flyguy33

In OS 5, if I remember correctly, the WiFi icon would turn white from gray, when BIS was available through WiFi.
    that is also correct. it was just the dots wouldnt go next to the wifi logo as they do now. they stayed put.
    05-10-11 02:47 AM
    4 dots are there to indicate that with full 3G network, it allows the user to use data and voice connection altogather.
    05-27-13 07:49 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD