07-11-11 02:24 PM
36 12
tools
    The path may be different in Windows 7. Search for loader.exe. /nojvm is the command parameter, not part of the filename.
    07-10-11 09:49 AM
    I did, nothing found. I searched for anything that was updated today and still did not find it. Are you sure that it is not that Loader file that shows a picture of the phone? When I hit that it takes me to all the other screens found in the directions and once it did connect me to the handheld and showed all the applications I had listed, it had me "un-check" apps that I wanted to delete, but in truth, I didn't notice any mention of the OS. I un checked the Dropbox app and it worked because when I tried it again the Dropbox app was gone. Unfortunitly the phone still keeps re-booting.
    07-10-11 10:03 AM
    ...I had the same problem awhile back... All I did to remedy the situation was to install Desktop Manager on my Windows PC and then plug in the rebooting phone... Desktop Manager will give an error saying it can't connect, select the update option and go from there... it will reload your OS but will erase all data on your phone. Good luck.
    07-10-11 10:07 AM
    Click on start, in the search box type cmd and hit enter it will bring up a black box then type cd\ and hit enter
    type cd program files hit enter

or if 64bit type cd program files (x86) and hit enter
    type cd common files and hit enter

type cd research in motion and hit enter

type cd apploader and hit enter

type loader /nojvm and hit enter
    07-10-11 10:17 AM
    Rusty, I tried that, no luck. Jeff, I got as far as typing in loader /nojvm when I hit enter the next line is: crogram files (x86)\common files\research in motion\apploader> and it brings up the Welcome to the application loader wizard. this is the same one I keep referring to. This must be the same place in the instructions because the next screens are the same as in the instructions. I am trying the wizard again and it seems to be doing something diff. then all the other times...its now Updating the device....I have done this many times but this time it seems to be going through all the steps. I will let you know what happens when it is complete.
    07-10-11 10:47 AM
    Excellent. You're on the right path now.
    07-10-11 10:54 AM
    Fingers crossed.
    07-10-11 11:05 AM
    It worked!!!! I am going through the set up now. Thank you Jeff for all your help and for not giving up on me even after I was giving up on myself. Not sure what I will do after I get through set up, I guess I can always restore with DTM but for now I think I will take a breather. Again thank you for your help.
    07-10-11 11:10 AM
    Congratulations! Kudos for perseverance. Don't be afraid to reload Dropbox. It's a good app.
    07-10-11 11:56 AM
    Thanks Jeff, I spent ALL day re-loading everything back on (last back up May) I think i will wait a while before loading anything for a while. I knew I relied on my BB for a lot but when you loose it all you really feel the pain. My biggest loss was the Password Keeper, couldn't go a day with out it. I will now invest in one that will allow me to print, copy or sync information, took me 2 hours to write down all my passwords last night. Again thanks for your help.
    07-11-11 06:56 AM
    I'm glad I could help. Recovering from a crash such as you had is not trivial, especially the first time you have to do it. You did well to get through it.

I don't blame you for being cautious re installing any more apps, but the process is normally safe and easy.

I use and recommend the password manager LastPass. I never used the BlackBerry app because it could not import or export my password list.
    Ittles likes this.
    07-11-11 02:24 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD