I have owned Blackberries for many years now and I did upgrades regularly without much hassle. Now, for once I actually want to downgrade but for some reason it doesn't work! So, theoretically, all I need to do is uninstall the latest device software from my pc, delete the OS folder in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\OS Folder, then dload and install the older OS, delete vendor file and launch app loader right? Well, I do all this and then the app loader doesn't do anything, it just asks me what extra programs I want and then it says "upgraded succesfully" without actually upgrading/ downgrading anything... Anyone know what's happening here? Am I doing something wrong?
    08-18-11 07:20 AM
    08-18-11 07:44 AM
    hmm... very odd, even with a complete wipe with JL Commander it still insisted on installing a version of OS5.0 for some reason, even though I didn't have any OS5 installed on my computer. Then I don't know by what miracle but after many retries it finally identified the version of OS6 that I was trying to instal. PHEW! thanks for the link BTW
    08-20-11 03:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD