Wassup guys,
    I just got the new bold and i put memory card and transfered all my numbers via the DM with no problems BUT my computer wont recognize my memory card(the folder option thing that should pop up) nore will it show a folder in "My Computer".

What do i need to do to get it to work?
    07-15-10 09:07 PM
    Options>Memory>Mass Storage Mode Support set to "on" and Auto enable Mass Storage Mode when Connected set to "Yes" or "Prompt".
    07-15-10 09:26 PM
    yes, my settings are set to exactly what you said but it still isnt connecting
    07-15-10 09:28 PM
    anyone else has any inputs?
    07-16-10 12:58 AM
    When you plug in the phone, it should ask you when set to prompt to enable mass storage on the device. If it is not doing that you must have at some point said not to and checked the box that says don't ask again. Flip MS off, do a save and back on in prompt mode then save again and see what happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-10 02:11 AM
    I have the exact same problem

07-16-10 02:23 AM
    When you plug in the phone, it should ask you when set to prompt to enable mass storage on the device. If it is not doing that you must have at some point said not to and checked the box that says don't ask again. Flip MS off, do a save and back on in prompt mode then save again and see what happens.

can you please break those intructions down. i dont have a clue what your talking about
    07-16-10 02:24 AM
    can you please break those intructions down. i dont have a clue what your talking about
    1.) go to Options>Memory>Mass Storage Mode Support set to "off"
    2.) click the back button and select "save"
    3.) go back into it and this time select "on"
    4.) turn the Auto Enable MSM when connected to either "prompt" or "yes". i prefer "prompt"
    5.) hit the back button and select "save"
    6.) plug your BB into the computer. a box should show on on the screen of the BB asking if you want to enable mass storage mode, click yes and continue.
    07-16-10 02:34 AM
    In the mass storage option noted above, flip mass storage to disabled and save the options. Go back in and enable mass storage plus set it to "prompt" vs "auto" and save the options again. Now when you hook the BB up to a PC the BB should have a window asking you to enable Mass Storage. Say yes and you will then be able to see your sd card from the PC. Thins will be true until you unplu the device or unmount the drive from your PC. Your BB will prompt you every time you hook it up to a PC in this mode.

07-16-10 02:37 AM
    its not doing that at all. like when u plug the phone into the computer you hear the little noise saying somethings plugged into the usb but nothing else is happening. and i did exactly what you guys told me
    07-16-10 02:43 AM
    its not doing that at all. like when u plug the phone into the computer you hear the little noise saying somethings plugged into the usb but nothing else is happening. and i did exactly what you guys told me
    are you checking the phone screen to see if there is a prompt box?
    07-16-10 02:48 AM
    I've tried that too a few days ago and no luck. Even formatted the memory card.

07-16-10 02:49 AM
    yes nothings coming up but the clock
    07-16-10 02:50 AM
    Welp. Time for a new bold!

07-16-10 04:45 AM
    ahhhhhhhh!!!

turn bedside mode off!!!!! your clock charging screen is hiding your prompt window.

go into the clock > options > "when charging" select "do nothing"

then retry everything i told you to.
    07-16-10 05:16 AM
    I've had this before and it was as simple as the usb cable i was using was not pulling enough power through it to register the BB memory card as a hard drive.

Change the usb cable.
    07-16-10 05:21 AM
    I've had this before and it was as simple as the usb cable i was using was not pulling enough power through it to register the BB memory card as a hard drive.

Change the usb cable.
    well if the OP is using the OEM cable there shoudnt be an issue.
    07-16-10 05:45 AM
    A few more things it could be are: what type of USB port are you using? It is not a USB hub correct i.e. straight to the motherboard and is this a laptop or desktop? Check you USB power saver settings, they should be set to max power.

07-16-10 08:43 AM
    well if the OP is using the OEM cable there shoudnt be an issue.

Any cable made for a BB should work but to take that out of the equation,

OP please use the cable that came with the device.

07-16-10 08:45 AM
    I left my phone in a different city for 2 weeks. When I got it back it was completly dead. After charging all my pic vids and songs are gone and it wont connect to the computer to put stuff back on. The computer dings , and ive turned the clock off so it doesnt come up but nothing works im pissed!! I cant seem to fix it!
    04-27-11 11:56 AM
    i need help plz my blackberry bold wont connect to the laptop my media card support is turned on i downloaded blackberry desktop software but the only thing i blackberry does when i connect it to my laptop is charge
    07-29-13 06:40 AM
    i dont have mass storage when i got into storage theres media cars support and compression what should i do
    07-29-13 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD